|Job Ref:||1617794||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Irvine||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 22:11|
For more than half a century, Tyco has been delivering the latest solutions to unique business challenges. Today, our passion to protect what matters most is stronger than ever. Tyco is a market leader in the $100 billion global fire protection and security solutions industries. Our 69,000 employees take great pride in knowing that they make a difference in the world: their work helps protect and safeguard people and property. Tyco Vertical Market Solutions (TVMS), part of Tyco, is dedicated to creating profitable growth by delivering value to a well-defined and understood set of customers in high growth vertical markets including Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine, and Retail.
Tyco Retail Solutions, a unit of Johnson Controls, is a leading global provider of integrated retail performance and security solutions, deployed today at more than 80 percent of the world's top 200 retailers. Customers range from single-store boutiques to global retail enterprises. Over the past 40 years, our retail solutions have kept hundreds of millions of people safe. Our Sensormatic electronic article surveillance (EAS) products have protected more than 80 million products in the past decade, making it the most trusted brand in retail loss prevention. Operating in more than 70 countries worldwide, Tyco Retail Solutions provides retailers with real-time visibility to their inventory and assets to improve operations, optimize profitability and create memorable shopper experiences.
Tyco Retail Solutions offers an excellent working environment in addition to a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Software Engineer will be a lead contributor to the TrueVUE platform. The developer will work on multiple areas within the platform, including thin client, mobile and server-side. The engineer will be a key contributor in the architecture, design and development of an enterprise solution platform utilized by retailers globally. The developer will work with the Product Management team to understand the requirements for new features and enhancements to the product and translate the requirements to system architecture and design.
• Contribute to the data architecture of the platform.
. Take ownership for the overall database architecture and design.
. Ensure the alignment of database design with the enterprise architecture.
. Implement new features and enhancements to the platform.
• Fix software defects on the platform.
Required Job Skills:
• Experience working with cloud technologies, Big Data and NoSQL databases
• Experience developing database solutions for Java EE applications
• Experience with MS SQL 2008/2012/2014 or above with T-SQL
• Experience with MySQL 5.x with MYSQL (MariaDB) native SQL
• Data modeling, normalization, EAV/CR model and PIVOT/Any Aggregate operations
• Query optimization and analysis with performance tuning
• Performance monitoring and troubleshooting with SQL profiling in multi-threaded environments
• Strong DDL &DML skills with scripting (ex. Any scripting language such as Shell, Batch, Python, Powershell etc.)
• Triggers, stored procedures, Functions and Views (including materialized views)
• Database maintenance skills (Backup, statistics, indices, log shipping, replication and clustering)
• Experience with build process and build engineering a plus
Education and Experience:
•Bachelor's degree (or better) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related field from an accredited 4 year university.
•8 years of experience developing commercial enterprise software solutions