Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
Security Systems Designer - SimplexGrinnell
- Responsible for the creation of design drawings and submittals (system drawings, bill of material, calculations, technical manuals, "as-built", etc.) for electronic building systems (focusing mainly on security) and track for design approval.
- Under general supervision; ability to exercise independent judgment to compare alternate courses of action and make a decision after considering the options.
- Understand customer needs in making day-to-day decisions and provide feedback or occasionally take action on changes in customer requirements.
- Identify, define and develop solutions to issues that are not immediately evident in existing processes and systems.
- Work as a team player to technically support our sales team, technicians, CAD drafters, and project managers through the delivery cycle.
About the role:
Rewards and benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we're looking for:
- Minimum of two years in the design and application of electronic/electrical Building Systems.
- Demonstrated ability in Excel, AutoCAD, computer skills estimating/pricing, and project management.
- Knowledge of multiple electronic building systems. Proficient in reading and understanding architectural, electrical layouts & diagrams.
- Effective written and oral communications.
- Should have basic understanding of mechanical systems and their interface to security systems.
- Prefer Bachelor Degree in engineering.
- Prefer experience with security systems with a focus on Access Control and CCTV for large integrated systems. Experience with Software House a plus.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision. Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.