|Job Ref:||141562BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||tobyhanna||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:05|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM has an immediate opening for an Electronics Tech III at Tobyhanna, Pa.
Inspects, trains other personnel and performs organizational, intermediate and depot level electronic maintenance/modification on contract units, subsystems and other weapon system components and support equipment. Advises other team members and solves unusual electronics problems by analysis and tests on missile, airframes, engines, flight control systems, electronic, and electrical systems. Acts as a Special Technical Advisor to his Supervisor. Position reports to Field Supervisor.
1. Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely be referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents including determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering changes.
2. Requires a detailed understanding of the interrelationships of circuits.
3. Exercises independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculation of wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
4. Uses common and complex test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
5. Work may be reviewed by the Supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices.
6. Provides technical guidance to lower level technicians.
7. Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radar, radio, telecommunication, sonar, and navigational aids); micro and mainframe computers and terminals; and industrial measuring, controlling equipment, and industrial calibration devices.
8. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Shall possess skills to operate precision test stations, equipment simulators, antenna pattern ranges and test equipment to perform troubleshooting, repair, calibration and alignments of sub-systems using bench top test procedures and automated test equipment. Operational testing of systems shall/may include simulated flight and target tracking testing, simulated laser targeting, calibration, alignment, and aircraft precision approach testing.
Position may require at least 75% travel and a Secret Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.