|Job Ref:||142053BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||South Carolina||City:||Aiken||Address:||Post Date:||03/10/2016 22:57|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of AECOM, is seeking a Limited Service Employee (LSE) 4 year College/University Student Technical (STEM) to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
Applies learned technical concepts gained through secondary education to contribute to or resolve routine to moderately complex technical issues in direct or indirect support of a specific facility (or facilities), location, or functional area.
• Contributes to the development and coordination of technical work completed in areas such as facility operations, environmental, design, projects and programs
• Develops, enhances and/or maintains computerized databases used to track facility operations, access, work packages, engineering schedules, maintenance, surveillance testing, and various other s
• Performs technical calculations, analysis and recommendations
• Tracks temporary modifications to facilities and ensures accuracy of associated documentation
• Performs routine equipment, facility, or area walk downs to conduct equipment maintenance inspections and troubleshooting while documenting equipment and facility measurement control data, configuration, and other equipment details to ensure safe and efficient equipment operations
• May function in a variety of contingency coordinator roles that typically support the technical aspects of emergency, fire, security, safety, environmental, regulatory compliance, nuclear material accountability, work control, engineering schedules, and maintenance surveillance among others.
• May provide technical and engineering design and/or design authority support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Candidate must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited 4 year university/college working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
• Two concurrent semesters of study at the university
• Due to the nature of the work, candidate must be a US Citizen
• Post 9/11 GI Bill Era Veteran, preferred.
• Enrolled at University of South Carolina-Aiken or other degree granting institution in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA).
• General understanding and familiarity with electrical and mechanical documents, blueprints, drawings, and schematics and various computer applications may be required depending upon the position and specific duties.
• Conceptual understanding of various facility processes, systems, and equipment. Working knowledge of DOE site work control procedures and practices for both maintenance and operations.
*Actual duties to be assigned once hired
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.