Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented North American Transit Market Sector Leader for immediate employment. This position can be based in any AECOM office in the United States or Canada. The North American Transit Leader works in continuing collaboration with geographies throughout North America.
Major categories of job responsibilities include:
Leadership and Strategic Direction
- Articulate vision for transit within AECOM, with key clients and across the transit community
- Provide national industry leadership; be thought leader on all matters transit, particularly with outside parties
- Champion transit in collaboration with other business lines and various geographies
- Drive preparation of action plans for top 15-20 Transit-active regions in the country, in partnership with geographies
- Play leadership role on key major opportunities (roll up sleeves and get the right things done!)
The North American Transit Market Sector Leaders works under the direction of the North American Transportation Market Leader and is accountable for:
- Employee development: direct 10-12 key staff, plus collaborate with indirect reports in geographies.
- Technical: identify key project managers for priority opportunities/projects, in consultation with Regional Business Line Leaders and Regional Executives
- Client satisfaction
- Market sector and client intelligence and market research
- Creating the unique value proposition for the market sector that creates differentiation and preference for AECOM in the market sector
- Ensuring the operations can deliver against the market sector business plan - supply/demand shaping, continuity and consistency of service delivery
- BD spend and directing bid and proposal funds to drive growth
- Key metrics oversight
- Workforce shaping: mentor staff, business line leaders, staff professional development
- Strategy for driving the growth in the sector
- Collaborate in directing market sector, investments: B&P for major pursuits, key hires/bench, market research, trade shows/positioning, etc.
- Implement strategic pursuits: GNG, staffing, pricing, etc.
- Implement strategy
- Implement resource changes to satisfy the needs of the market sector and clients across the life cycle of the program/project/client
- Assesses and quantify the market sector and key client expansion potential
- Ability to allocate resources from the DBFO platform as needed to win work and satisfy client needs
- Leads strategic planning (& implementation) for the market sector
- High profile in the market - Conference speaking/driving market related thought leadership
- Lead major pursuits for the market sector
- Develop market sector intelligence/research (industry assessments, trends etc.)
- Lead client relationship/business development activities
- Develop and lead market sector related KAM strategy
- Provide leadership to BD leads and KAM in developing win strategies, go/no go plans and closing sales
- Identifies skill gaps and works with practice leaders to bring in key hires
- Ensure appropriate market sector and Geo/Region specific market sector leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 15 years' progressive experience, with at least 10 years specializing in the transportation sector with extensive marketplace exposure
- In depth knowledge of the transit sector is essential
- Extensive existing client relationships as well as a strong market profile are essential
- Ability to develop key and trusted client relationships that can lead to new business
- Commercial acumen, delivering complex and demanding solutions to our clients
- Superior interpersonal skills including relationship building and communication at all levels and work collaboratively across the organization; listening to other points of view while still being persuasive
- Demonstrable teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address major client needs and challenges
- Collaborator and mentor
- Recognized leader in the industry
- Post graduate business qualifications are preferred
- Professionally accredited with relevant professional body
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.