|Job Ref:||142217BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:46|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Bridge Engineer in our centrally located Croydon office, which has an established track record of successfully delivering major transport schemes.
Our newly refurbished office in the heart of Croydon has good transport links and accommodates a multi-disciplinary transport design centre. We are now looking to enhance and grow the team with individuals with a sound technical background and share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding workload.
The team workload ranges from feasibility studies to scheme designs, detailed designs, assessments, inspections, construction support and management services on a wide range of bridges and associate railway infrastructure schemes. The team is involved in local, national and international work with a variety of clients both from the public and private sector including design & build partnerships with contractors.
A list of some of the current projects which the Croydon Office is working on includes:
• LoHAC North-West. - London Highways Alliance Contract is a long term commission under which AECOM together with FM Conway is responsible for maintaining all Transport for London (TfL) highway structures in the North-West area of London.
• Riyadh Metro Project. - Detailed design of post tensioned concrete elevated viaduct structures for lines 1 and 2.
• Wessex Capacity Enhancement Programme. - Alliance framework to deliver improvements to the Wessex network including remodelling of Waterloo International and lengthening of platforms 1-8 and improvements at Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon, Richmond, Surbiton and Windsor Stations.
• A14. - Cambridge to Huntington Improvement scheme, feasibility and preliminary design.
• HS2 contract C320, line of route- Birmingham to Manchester.
• CAFA rail bridge inspection and assessment. Long term commission with bridge sites located on the Anglia and LNW lines.
As a Bridge Engineer you will have the following daily responsibilities:
• Assist with the development of design concepts, carrying out detailed design where appropriate.
• Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
• Liaise with CAD Technician for production of drawings.
• Plan and carry out site inspections of structures.
• Prepare technical reports.
• Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety file.
• Assist with fee proposals.
• Analysis and detailed design of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Inspection, assessment and strengthening of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Report writing and production of technical reports and documents.
• Relevant experience in design of bridges and other transportation structures.
• Relevant experience in inspection and assessment of bridges and other transportation structures.
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Ideally educated to MSc level or equivalent.
• Graduate member of ICE or IstructE, and on route to gaining Chartered status.
"Bridges & Structures"
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.