Hourly Rate Bands Up to £7.20 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A General Assistant is required to work within a school environment based in Chesterfield, S41. As a General Assistant, you will be required to provide support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages.
Working 10 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 11:15am to 2:15pm. An additional 10 hours per week will be offered.
- To prepare the dining area which may include moving and setting up furniture, setting trolleys and the cleaning and dismantling of these as required.
- To prepare the service area, hot cupboards and other equipment in the dining area for the efficient and effective service of the meal.
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages in accordance with Company procedures.
- To wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables, and all other catering equipment in the dining area.
- To serve food according to the style and type of operation and to the required standards.
- To clean on a daily basis all catering areas in accordance with Autograph standards of work.
- To undergo on and off the job training sessions as required by Autograph management.
- To inform the line manager of any defects in light equipment.
- To inform the line manager of any defects in heavy equipment, or of premises not meeting Health and Safety and/or Food Hygiene Regulations Standards.
- To assist in an alternative Catering Contract Unit where necessary within a reasonable geographical distance and with reasonable notice.
- Such other related duties as are required to ensure the dining area and kitchen is in a clean and hygienic condition and that the food service is effective and efficient.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the Catering establishment. This may include cash collection and banking.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment preferably.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Own transport.
- Ability to work well in a team and on their own initiative.
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide.