Hourly Rate Bands £7.21 - £7.50 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
We are seeking a Domestic Assistant to join our Healthcare Sector, working on the North Essex Contract located at 1 The Stow in Harlow, Essex.
Reporting to the Mobile Supervisor, you will be solely responsible for carrying out daily domestic duties and maintaining high cleaning standards to the satisfaction of the client and the Company.
You will be required to work Monday to Saturday 5am to 8am for a total of 18 hours per week.
- Cleaning of offices, public areas, kitchens, WCs and clinical rooms. Cleaning of sanitary areas is included in the duties i.e. toilets and sinks
- Providing the highest level of cleaning service within your area of responsibility in line with the clients' specifications.
- Responding positively, politely and promptly to all client requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensuring all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility where required e.g. hand towels, soap, toilet rolls etc where needed. Delivery of consumables and linen.
- Ensuring regular checks are carried out to the equipment/machines used during hours of work and all the equipment is left clean and in good working order at the end of your shift, reporting any defects to your Line Manager.
- Using such equipment as necessary to provide the service e.g. vacuum cleaners, mopping systems (wet and dry), scrubber dryer's etc. Making yourself familiar with and follow all company procedures and regulations.
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule and ensure cleaning tasks are carried out in a safe and timely manner.
- Carry out periodic cleaning according to the required programme provided including shower head cleaning, removing casings from fans and cleaning .
- Only to use the chemicals that have been instructed by your Line Manager in the correct manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the unit at all times as is reasonably practical.
- Flush through infrequently used taps.
- Assist where necessary with removal and distribution of linen.
- Some basic food/beverage preparation may be required.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Educated to a good standard.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Good understanding of the English Language.
- Working knowledge of a hospital environment is preferred but full training will be provided.
- BICs training desirable.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable and responsible with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative, while being part of a team.
- Customer focused with proven customer care skill.
- Positive and professional manner and attitude at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time-keeping.
- Ability to build up good relationships with staff at all levels, especially internal customers.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.