|Job Ref:||SELN||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Boston||Address:||Post Code:||PE21||Salary:||£ 25,000 - £ 35,000 per year||Post Date:||20/10/2016 00:30|
Are you an experienced Site Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity with a leading main contractor? Are you keen to develop existing Management skills? The Randstad CPE has the perfect role for you!|
Our client, a leading world wide main contractor are currently looking to take on a Site Engineer as they are currently expanding their Water Division and will be developing some unique and innovative Waste-to-Energy projects.
To take full responsibility for overall contracts setting out, engineering, quality and site management functions allocated by direct supervisors and thus maintaining and maximising quality of service and profitability.
* Maintain the culture whereby everyone is continually seeking to satisfy customer requirements.
* Ensure systems are in place in order that quality of work is to the prescribed standards.
* Ensure that all junior staff, operatives and sub-contractors are aware of quality critical items.
* Ensure that quality plan covers all activities and monitor quality deliverables against it
* Ensure that regular auditing of quality and systems is undertaken and all snags/non conformances closed out timeously.
* Ensure that all the necessary checks in accordance with the quality plan prior to and after construction.
* Ensure that all construction records are diligently maintained, including as-builts, site diaries, quality records, drawing registers etc
Staff and Operative Development
* Monitor and record individual performances encouraging and disciplinary as and when necessary.
* Provide feedback on performance and areas for improvement.
* Plan and co-ordinate project prior to commencement.
* Co-ordinate and control initial set up including installing Company systems and procedures.
* Control and monitor progress of the works.
* Manage project budgets and measure performance
* Liaise and co-ordinate with Head Office Department.
* Administer the valuation system, maximise cash flow and profitability.
* Post contract, organise and co-ordinate the undertaking of maintenance work.
* Assist superiors with the compilation of the Contract programme prior to commencement fully detailing set up, design, procurement, delivery, commissioning and hand over
* Ensure that all operatives are aware of company systems and procedures and that relevant protocol are in place to record and measure against these systems.
* Produce two week look ahead programmes for sections of the work and update details for inputting back into the master programme on all aspects of progress.
* Monitor and update against detailed design deliverable schedules.
* Monitor and update against detailed procurement schedules.
* Sections of works completed on time, to maximised profit and to client's satisfaction.
* Input into the production of detailed forecasts and manage/report against them.
* Liaise with design management regarding changes necessary in the field and coordinate site sub-contract activities with design staff to coordinate delivery.
* Provide information on levels of production as required by the commercial staff to enable valuations to be submitted on time.
* Valuations and claims identified to commercial staff.
* Manage a snagging system that records and clears all snags and notifies commercial and sub-contractors accordingly
Safety and Security
* Maintain and enforce compliance with the current safety legislation and the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
* Undertake role of the Site Safety Supervisor.
* Actively monitor safety on sites, and take appropriate actions.
* Ensure all operatives are made aware of the standard of safety that is expected on all our sites.
* Assess and evaluate all RAMS and Method Statements ensuring that all are adhered to and in place prior to works commencing.
* Actively participate in Challenging Beliefs and Changing Behaviours.
* Operate consistently at the highest level of safety standards acting as a positive role model and exhibiting the type of safety behaviours we expect of a role model.
* Ensure incidents of unsafe working practices and accidents are declining.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Health & Safety - SSSTS and Supervisor CSCS
* Environmental awareness
* HNC / Degree in appropriate discipline
* Man management
* Plant, labour and material management
* Engineering and setting out skills
* IT skills
Please apply by using the button below!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.