|Job Ref:||bewi907841||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 80,000 - £ 82,000 per year||Post Date:||20/10/2016 00:30|
Director of Property Services - Client Direct - Central London - 80K + Benefits|
Have you got proven experience in the high end commercial maintenance or hospitality industry?
Would you like to work direct for a client with a chance to build your own team?
If so, please read on...
An opportunity has arisen for a director of property services to look after a number of luxury office buildings based in Central London.
As a company, they are a fast expanding business who prides itself on providing a 5-star customer service to its clients. They specialise in providing luxury five star, fully serviced offices and are looking for a director of property services to come in and head up the property department with a view to establishing and managing their own in house maintenance team.
There are around 30 buildings all based in Central London covering just over 600,000 sq ft which need to be maintained from an electrical, mechanical, fabric and soft services point of view.
Applicants for the role must have significant experience of managing hard and soft FM services within a demanding environment where business continuity and client satisfaction is essential.
As a key team member, the role will be responsible for the safe and successful delivery of M&E & Cleaning services across the company managing spend within an agreed overall budget. The Director of Property Services will be responsible for formulating forward capital expenditure plans in a timely fashion along with a business case setting out the return on investment.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering world-class services, to a premier business, across a varied and diverse property portfolio meeting challenging deadlines.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
* Safety and compliance ensuring your team have the necessary skills, training, tools and equipment to undertake all duties in a safe and professional manner.
* Meeting Op ex and Cap ex budget targets.
* Managing and leading a directly employed property services team including safety & compliance, engineers, project managers, procurement, help desk and administration team members.
* Vetting, selection and procurement of specialist subcontractors.
* Invoice approval.
* Taking overall responsibility for the mechanical and electrical planned and reactive maintenance activity.
* Ensuring projects are scoped correctly and delivered on time and within predetermined cost restraints.
* Managing the cleaning and ensuring high standards are adopted and maintained at all times across the estate.
* Implementing and developing systems to ensure optimum efficiency across all maintenance and cleaning activity.
* Protecting, and maximising, the life and performance of assets.
* Driving energy savings and keeping up to date with the latest market innovations.
* Developing your team to the best of their capability by setting clear objectives and monitoring progress on a regular basis.
* Producing training plans for all property team members.
* Planning resource in accordance with business goals and property needs and ensuring a clear 24/7, escalation plan is in existence.
* Communicating clearly with all stakeholders and producing regular activity reports.
* Conducting service provision audits and seeking stakeholder and client feedback
This really is a fantastic opportunity to work in some amazing offices buildings and really make a name in the industry.
The benefits are as follows:
* Salary up to 80k
* 25 days holiday
* Company phone/laptop
* Hours - 8-5 Monday to Friday
As Director of Property Services applicants should have the following:
* A clear understanding of the latest safety & compliance legislation obligations.
* 10 years, or longer, experience of managing facility management services within the corporate sector.
* A CIBSE, or equivalent, chartered status building services qualification.
* Clear leadership qualities capable of leading from the front and motivating teams.
* Experience of working within a 5 star environment.
* A flexible approach to working hours.
* Extensive soft services experience especially a proven track record of managing a cleaning contractor.
* Strong building fabric experience.
* 'Churn' and move management experience.
* An enthusiasm for innovation with a particular drive to seek out and implement energy saving initiatives.
* Experience of managing a mixture of directly employed and outsourced delivery teams.
* Excellent communication skills and experience of engaging with a number of stakeholders.
* Experience of managing a service desk function and Facilities Management system capable of managing all planned and reactive asset activity.
* A capability to produce professional and regular progress reports including financial data.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.