|Job Ref:||BUCE||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£ 30,000 - £ 40,000 per year||Post Date:||20/10/2016 00:30|
Are you an existing Buyer looking to elevate & progress you career? You are in luck, we are currently working with a well established Civil Engineering firm based in Yorkshire. |
My Client, a nationwide building, civil engineering contractor with fantastic history and reputation in the industry are looking for an experienced Buyer to join a forward thinking team based in Doncaster.
* Company Car /Car Allowance
* Pension Scheme
* fantastic Career progression
* 25 days annual leave
The current team is made up of a diverse range of highly skilled and motivated individuals. If you would like to join and contribute to a hardworking team you must have and be able to demonstrate:
* Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
* Candidates must have strong groundworks product knowledge and possess the necessary technical ability and skill to act upon site requests in an accurate, confident manner.
* Strong negotiation skills are a necessity for the role, together with the ability to purchase within set budgets and achieve delivery of materials on time, at the best price.
* Candidates must be used to working within a fast paced environment and experience of an ERP type purchasing system would be desirable.
* The role will require some more senior buying duties, particularly in terms of providing managerial cover in the absence of the Head of Purchasing and some previous management experience is essential.
* Process & manage material, plant & subcontract requisitions ensuring regular contact with suppliers & site personnel.
* Research and offer alternative products & services to increase company profitability.
* Negotiate on-going cost reductions with suppliers and update department systems and databases accordingly.
* Establish new & maintain existing relationships with suppliers.
* Resolve queries quickly & effectively.
* Liaise with estimating, surveying & account departments as and when required.
* Support development of department procedures to increase overall commercial effectiveness.
* Monitor and report buying price vs tender price deviations.
* Hold regular supplier meetings to develop relationships, manage credit facilities and improve supplier base.
* Support the day to day running and management of the department in line with company procedures.
* Oversee and manage the department in the absence of senior management.
* Any other duties or responsibilities which do not change the character or purpose of the post but which are necessary to support the effective and efficient operation of the Purchasing Department.
If you're looking to take the next-step in your career by joining a well established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is the role for you, don't hesitate, apply today.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.