|Job Ref:||28424BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:02|
Functions as a Project Engineer with primary responsibilities for the design of industrial water and wastewater treatment facilities. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Project Engineer with industrial water and wastewater treatment process design, specification, operating systems troubleshooting, construction and startup experience.
• Review general project objectives and establish chemical engineering requirements for major water/wastewater treatment systems for large power generation and oil & gas projects. This involves interpretation, definition of scope, and development of concepts.
• Plan, develop, coordinate and direct the chemical engineering effort for assigned project(s).
• Supervise a project engineering staff consisting of subordinate engineers, designers, drafters and other assigned support personnel. This includes staffing, work assignments, scheduling, personnel appraisals and work reviews.
• Develop and monitor project control systems including schedules, man-day budgets, lists, indices, bills of material, etc.
• Oversee the coordination of engineering efforts as required to attain project objectives.
• Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
• Knowledgeable in codes and standards pertaining to industrial water and wastewater treatment systems.
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts with an understanding of Six-Sigma and Lean principals.
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects.
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Develops and applies advanced engineering solutions to complex problems.
• Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
• Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects.
• Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project.
Client Focus & Project Coordination:
• Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects.
• Provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on complex projects.
• Responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines.
• May oversee performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions.
• Implements resource management strategy. Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline.
• Resolves resource conflicts and identifies training needs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program and a Professional Engineering License required.
• A Minimum of 11 years work experience in industrial water and wastewater treatment, power plant design/construction/startup required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females