|Job Ref:||28425BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||US||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:02|
Provides technical or industry knowledge to contribute to or lead the completion of multiple or all engagement phases. Demonstrates capabilities with minimal level of oversight from more senior level professionals. Scope and size of projects they contribute to are generally medium to large in size or they may own a moderate to significant portion of a larger project. May lead a medium to large size effort or project team. May delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement. May manage projects from prospect to client deliverable. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• May contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic direction and objectives of a service offering
• May manage employees in engagements and provides input for performance management and compensation • Contributes to development of products and/or services
Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others' knowledge and skill levels. Provide ongoing feedback to professionals on the projects and their supervisors. Complete project evaluation forms
• Contributes to the career development of others through engagement assignments and general evaluation
• Delegates work duties according to the development opportunities and needs of individuals
• Secures commitment and participation from the client's senior management by leveraging relationships
• Develops or contributes to the engagement business case. Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals.
• Delivers client solutions aligned with defined value proposition across multiple areas of a client's businesses
• Searches for new consulting opportunities with existing or new clients
• Secures receivables from clients during and after completion of engagements
Industry Knowledge Capability: • Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce complex work products and solutions across all phases of an engagement
• Defines and applies appropriate methods or recognized equivalent to identified client needs
• Anticipates and resolves technical problems with minimal technical assistance from others
• Leverages knowledge and experience to assess alternative approaches to solving problems
• Develops, presents, and defends conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans
• Leads quality reviews of smaller assigned engagements or supports reviews of larger engagements
• Identifies technical issues impacting an engagement and implements solutions
•Asset Management standards
Project Management Capability (where applicable):
• Manages moderate to highly complex engagements through all stages and phases
• Manages moderate to highly complex engagements with factors that may include: multiple business units; manages other contractor/vendors on the project; high level of technology integration within the engagement; or cross-functional and/or multi-dimensional teams.
Scope: Billable hours and business development targets established in annual goal setting process.
• May supervise the work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. May act in the capacity of a "lead person". May have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Positions receiving work direction: Analyst, Consulting, Sr. Analyst, Consulting, Consultant & Manager, Consulting. May also act as a project manager of a project team. Individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience. Has managed significant engagements. Typically 10+ years in a business/consulting environment.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Master's degree preferred. 2+ years Business Development experience preferred.
•Depth and breadth of knowledge in area of asset management
•Experience leading engagements
•Advanced project management skills
•Intermediate business development capability •Advanced knowledge in all aspects of consulting processes
•White papers and marketing experience
Documented leadership in at least one of the following:
•Asset related IT system operation or implementation
•Asset data quality and governance
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females