Requisition ID: |
The Office Surveyor for ISBL and OSBL reports to the Lead Surveyors and is responsible for the execution of all office survey activities. The selected applicant shall provide direction and supervision to assigned craft surveyors, rodmen and instrument-men in support of the civil, structural, mechanical and piping installations in the work area. The Office Surveyor is responsible for the execution of the following activities by the surveying team:
- Act as a Lead Surveyor in absence of the Lead Surveyor
- Manage the Survey Work Request program in coordination with Lead Surveyors.
- Provide office technical assistance to Survey crews, field engineers and supervision.
- Conducting accurate network adjustments. Verify primary control points and establish and maintain the accuracy of Secondary and tertiary control points to maintain the accuracy
- Conducting dimension control surveys, heavy industrial surveying and pre and post pour concrete and bolts surveys.
- Complete survey reports for equipment and nozzle location/orientation and structural steel location, elevation and plumb.
- Ensures that survey office calculations activity execution supports construction schedule.
- Review and approve survey data from assigned crews and ensures survey documentation is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
- Office processing of the survey data and reporting on residuals
- Identifying the location of underground services and maintaining a model with as-built underground installations to support excavation permitting process.
- Monitoring of structures for subsidence and movement.
- Managing of data using best survey industry practices regarding Q/A controls
- Evaluate current lay-out methods and propose enhanced processes for achieving tight tolerances including office reports
- Overall office quality and integrity of the surveying program.
- Providing direction to less experienced Surveyors and craft employees.
- Implementation of the project ES&H program and quality control program by all members of the Survey team.
- Encourage and apply the Bechtel procedures related to Construction Survey
- Bachelor Degree in Surveying or 2 years Technical Survey Degree is preferred but may be waived if equivalent industry experience can be demonstrated.
- Must have expert level with Civil 3D, Starnet, Trimble Business Center and intermediate level with Microstation preferred
- Experience with Trimble Total Station.
- Experience with managing site safety and quality control related to Surveying is essential.
- 8 years minimum surveying experience, with at least 5 years of field experience in Heavy Civil Construction as Party Chief and 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Direct Hire supervision experience is preferred.
- Understanding of applicable Bechtel work processes including Standard Work Process Procedures is preferred.
- Experience in oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, minerals processing or power generating station construction is preferred.
- Having a working knowledge of a variety of office traditional and modern surveying techniques
- Familiarity with Bechtel Standard Applications (BSAPs) including InfoWorks, TEAMWorks, BPS, PTR, eSub and other automation tools which are used on Bechtel projects is an asset.
- Strong skills in MS Office suite, including Access database, word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to develop and analyze field and office survey data information for studies and reports
- Full knowledge of the SWPP3201
- Excellent communication and problem solving ability
- All applicants must have the right to work and remain in the United States.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.