|Job Ref:||204592771||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Plus bonus and usual benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:56|
Based in Nottingham, my client is looking for a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Change Manager to support a prestigious programme. Offering between £50-£60k per annum plus bonus and the usual benefits, this is a great opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Change Manager to make their mark.
What's in it for You?
• Work in an organisation that is at the leading edge of technology which is a primary contributor toward helping the Government realise their vision to transition Great Britain to a low-carbon economy
• The opportunity to operate at a level that provides a strategic view across this complex landscape
• The chance to join one of the most talented and dynamic teams in the UK to support this prestigious programme.
Our client is the provider of critical communication services providing data and communications infrastructure to enable one of the Governments number one priorities. They are looking for a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Change Manager from a comparable background, preferably with previous exposure to the energy sector and the Remedy ticketing system.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the management of change activity on the organisations production systems
• Ability to operate at a level that provides a strategic view across a complex environment combined with the determination to absorb a significant amount of regulatory and technical information
• Receive, process and sanity check all requests for change (RFCs) and filter for relevant governance Committee as appropriate
• Confirm categorisation of RFCs
• Accept and/or reject all non-commercial, high risk/impact changes and maintain log of justifications
• Request, where necessary, Preliminary Risk and Impact Assessments (RIA) from Service Providers, Service Users and internal teams, for high risk/impact changes and/or commercially sensitive RFCs and RFCs that are likely to require Detailed RIA(s)
• Provide RFC summary report for Change Committee. Progress RFCs as directed, post meeting
• Request detailed risk and impact assessments from key RFC stakeholders (Service Providers, Service Users, internal, other) - based on RFC information and Change Committee
• Provide RFC summary reports and agenda for Change Committee (CAB) and Change Board and distribute to all interested parties in advance of meeting, identifying key stakeholders for attendance
• Advise User (client) communities with rationale and impact of Change, adhering to established notification windows.
• Ensure that disruptive, cumulative change activities never breach 6 hours of maintenance PCM, as set out in the Smart Energy Code
• Minute Change Committee (CAB) meeting
• Convene and coordinate urgent CAB meetings for all emergency changes
• For significant and major category RFCs, liaise internally and with Service Provider Release, Test and Project managers (via project requests)
• Co-ordinate internally & with Service Provider project managers key project milestones and deliverables, as part of the progress of RFC through workflow
• Analyse change records to determine any trends or apparent problems that occur, seeks rectification with relevant parties.
• Produces regular and accurate management reports.
• Ability to deputise for the Head of Service Management if required.
Essential Skills & Experience
• ITILv3 qualified (or experienced)
• Experience of release/change management in an IT environment using external suppliers is absolutely essential
• Design and management of release governance
• Excellent stakeholder management & communication skills
• Experienced user of Service Management tools
• Fastidious attention to detail
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Previous telecoms and/or energy sector experience
• Experience of managing change in a heavily regulated environment
• Operational Change Management
• Major Releases
• Proactive and Self-sufficient
• Team Player
• Effective at managing competing demands
• Proficient, diligent and authoritative
If this role sounds like the right opportunity for you call (Apply online only)
Across-the-Board Recruitment operates as a recruitment business and agency. Across-the-Board Recruitment and its clients are equal opportunities employers