|Job Ref:||204592724||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum Plus bonus and usual benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:49|
Head of Diagnostics |
Based in Nottingham, my client is prepared to pay up to £60,000 per annum plus bonus and the usual benefits for a high calibre Head of Diagnostics. With responsibility for the management of all proactive ITIL processes - Problem Management, Known Error Database, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, this is a great opportunity for an ambitious professional to make their mark.
What's in it for You?
• Work in an organisation that is at the leading edge of technology
• Work in an organisation that is a primary contributor toward helping the Government realise their vision to transition Great Britain to a low-carbon economy
• Join as go-live ramps up with the chance to help shape the proactive process strategy
• The chance to join one of the most talented and dynamic teams in the UK in supporting this prestigious programme
Our client is the provider of critical communication services providing data and communications infrastructure to enable one of the Governments number one priorities. They are looking for a highly skilled, experienced and motivated ITIL Professional.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the management of all ITIL proactive processes. The objective is to capture problems, known errors, risks and issues and provide mitigating action plans in advance of impact thus avoiding or minimising disruption to the production systems.
• Accountable for the end-to-end management of all Problems which have been identified as posing a risk of service degradation to Live Services - reactive & proactive
• Develop and manage the operational process for Problem Management and ensure these are adopted and adhered to
• Train the IT Operations teams in Problem Management and root cause methodologies
• Develop and implement a Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity service proposition including the BC framework, plans, testing of those plans and disaster recovery provision
• Take a lead role in coordinating with Departmental Heads and their representatives to ensure that BC plans and DR provision is relevant and aligns with business trends, relevant regulation and the risk profile of each business group
• Manage the organisation's Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity policies, programmes and initiatives in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other guidance
• Develop and maintain diverse and robust review and testing programs to cover all plans across the organisation escalating issues and risks as required to the Crisis Management Team (CMT) and relevant business leaders
• Responsible for sharing best practice on BC & DR across the organisation and training senior managers as necessary in their roles and duties in respect of their plans
• Responsible for providing specialist advice where appropriate to business cases, incident response, projects or investigations
• Provide regular reports to the regulator and other senior stakeholders
• Develop business cases to support DR/BC plans and correct root causes identified by Problem Management
• Prioritise the order in which business cases should be presented based on cost v benefit
• Play a key role in identifying trends and issues/risks and developing/implementation actions plans to address the issues identified
• Working with the business leads on identifying 3rd party risks during the due diligence phase of contract negotiations.
• Responsible for interpreting regulations and best practice to all parts of the group, updating and adjusting BC plans as regulations and legislation changes and train/inform senior management and practitioners as appropriate of the changes.
• Provide leadership and guidance to a team of 5/6 ITIL experts
To be considered for this position
Skills & Experience
• ITILv3 qualified preferred
• Significant experience of Problem Management, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in an IT environment using external suppliers is absolutely essential
• Must be financially astute with the ability to develop business cases including articulating the benefits in both financial and operational terms
• Numerate and analytical with experience of data analysis and reporting to identify underlying issues, i.e. for Problem Management
• Experience of working and successfully communicating with a wide range of stakeholders
• Excellent presentation and influencing skills with a broader stakeholder group
• Has worked in ambiguous, dynamic and changing environments
• Good visualisation skills for creating infographics to represent data
• Takes a practical as well as theoretical approach to their work
• Great team management experience
• Previous telecoms and/or energy sector experience
• Experience of ITIL proactive processes in a heavily regulated environment
• Complete understanding of ITIL operational processes
• Understanding risk, control and audit expectations within IT
• Major programmes of work
The organisation exists at the centre of an extensive network of stakeholders including regulators and a number of large contracting companies.
• Proactive and Self-sufficient
• Team Player and non-territorial
• Approachable and Non-egotistical
• Effective at managing competing demands
• Proficient, diligent and authoritative
Across-the-Board Recruitment operates as a recruitment business and agency. Across-the-Board Recruitment and its clients are equal opportunities employers