|Job Ref:||204592646||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Melksham||Address:||Post Code:||SN12||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum + Pool Car + Laptop, Phone, Pension||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:25|
Head of Design (Fire & Security / 2D AutoCad)|
£40,000 to £50,000 + Pool Car + Laptop, Phone, Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover, Share Scheme + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Training & Progression
Head of Design required by an award winning business that has a long history in the area and is growing at an impressive rate.
The role is a very hands on Design position. Successful candidates must be experienced team managers, fire & security system designers (access controls, CCTV, fire/security systems) and have experience of running projects (cradle to grave).
You will work in a company that is performing phenomenally well and has great foundations. Your part will be to join the existing team of 6 experienced Designers & Project Engineers and to make further improvements.
You will spend 70% hands-on producing complex system designs and around 30% of your time managing the high value projects as well as training, mentoring and managing the team. You will spend on average 1 day of the week out the office meeting clients with your remaining time based on site.
You will be given the support to be successful and the freedom to introduce meaningful and lasting improvements.
* Senior role reporting directly into the MD.
* Managing a team of Designers and a team of Project Engineers.
* To design complex fire and security systems as well as solar, heating and BMS (full training will be given on solar, heating and BMS all you need is fire and security experience).
* Cradle to grave project management of high value and complex fire and security systems. You will juggle multiple projects at different stages in their lifecycle.
* Experience of both design and project management of fire and security systems (mechanical & electrical projects in commercial buildings).
* Experienced team manager who is confident in managing a team.
* Fire regulations knowledge.
* Strong IT & communication skills.
* Able to drive change.
* Must be keen to learn - although the pre-requisite is fire & security system experience you must want to learn solar PV, BMS & heating systems as the company also provides these systems.
* Must have a full & valid UK Driving Licence