|Job Ref:||204592545||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Corby||Address:||Post Code:||NN18||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum Career Progression||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:25|
Position Overview: |
Responsible for providing the organization inspection related services and support to ensure that products, processes, and procedures are performed in support of division goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and customer or regulatory requirements and quality standards. Possess an understanding of inspection principles, concepts and through practical demonstration perform a variety of complex inspections.
Essential Job Functions:
•Perform inspection by using a variety of inspection measuring and test equipment to determine acceptance or rejection of material or parts.
•Perform first article, receiving, in-process, final inspection of material or parts.
•Interpret and work within the guideline of drawings, specifications, charts, procedures and other data to determine acceptance or rejection of materials or parts.
•Adapt or develop inspection set-ups or techniques to check material, parts, tools and/or templates.
•Adapt inspection equipment to check standard, non-standard and special products.
•Determine acceptance or rejection after inspection and/or testing of materials, parts and/or equipment.
•Assist in the review and disposition of non-conforming material, including dispositions or rework, scrap and return to supplier.
•Assist in the review, inspection and disposition of customer returned material or parts.
•Identify cause(s) of defect conditions and/or test failures for nonconformance determinations and prepares all appropriate documentation.
• Maintain accurate and current inspection and/or testing records such as, but not limited to Material Certifications, Inspection/Test Results and Reports, Certificates of Conformance, Traceability Logs, Rejection Reports/Tags, as required by the applicable procedure and/or specification.
• Interface with and assist customer / government source inspectors and auditors, as necessary.
• Coordinate and inform other departments of inspection and/or testing status in support of production and project goals and initiatives
• Perform calibration on inspection/test equipment used to support product acceptance
• Promote and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
• May also perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 5 years of hands-on industrial inspection experience.
• Lifting 20lbs.
• Specific training within the field of Quality (ISO, Gage Metrology, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, SPC, etc.)
• Ability to program, set up and use a CMM for dimensional detail part inspection
• Ability to program and use a Zeiss surfcom measurement machine
• Ability to use a roundness measurement machine
• Familiarity to perform Gauge calibrations
• Ability to perform semi-complex and complex dimensional detail part inspection
• Ability to use inspection equipment; such as: Surface Plate, Height Gage, Comparator, Hand tools, Attribute gages, etc.
• Ability to perform detailed review of documentation/certification to requirements
• Ability to apply visual inspection techniques
• Gage calibration knowledge and techniques
• Basic and intermediate shop math
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints
• GD&T knowledge, use and application
• Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge and use
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work in and promote a team environment.
• Software/Computer (ie. Microsoft applications, Outlook, Baan)
• Flexible to accept other assignments