|Job Ref:||204592365||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Frimley||Address:||Post Code:||GU16||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:00|
Hardware Systems Engineer |
A Hardware Systems Engineer is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Surrey.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK Defence Business
Overview of the Hardware Systems Engineer contract role
Hardware Systems Engineer to be a part of the EOSCS/GFCS Hardware team working on the development of an Electro Optic Sensor Control System and a Gun Fire Control System. The role will be to assist with the early life cycle activities of the development, in particular the baselining of hardware requirements and flow down to sub-contractors and suppliers via Procurement Specifications, and to support the preparation and delivery of Contract Deliverable Documents.
Key skills required for the Hardware Systems Engineer
* Knowledge and experience in designing with COTS hardware and PC technology.
* Experience with COTS cabinets, cabinet design, wiring and wiring schedules, power distribution etc.
* Knowledge of EMC and environmental (shock, vibration, cooling) control measures applied to equipment containing COTS items to meet military specifications
* Good documentation skills
* An excellent team player with strong communication skills, and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn on the job
* Experience in Naval Combat System Equipment architecture, technical design & delivery; including physical requirements and associated design & installation attributes, build & manufacture, physical integration and Acceptance
* Knowledge of current networking technology, utilising both Ethernet and serial interfaces
* Experience of working with sub-contractors
* Knowledge of the currently deployed Naval systems based on COTS technology
* Experience in Design Certification.
The role is based in Frimley, Surrey. Commutable from Aldershot, Farnham, Wokingham, Bracknell, Chertsey, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford, Farnham, Winchester, Basingstoke and Reading with excellent access from Surrey and Berkshire
If you are a Hardware Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)