|Job Ref:||204592333||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£24 - £25/hour||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:25|
Our client are a local authority based in the Hampshire area who we are currently assisting to find a Highways Engineer.|
What is the role?
To support engineers and to help with the successful design and delivery of highway schemes from inception through to completion. Schemes will range from small junction improvements through to multimillion pound major projects.
To help prepare designs from inception through to detailed design and subsequent implementation in accordance with current national and local design standards and policies; giving due consideration to health and safety, equalities and sustainability.
To help prepare, tender and assess contract documentation. To assist with on site construction works in the role of client representative. To help provide technical input, undertake surveying and support more senior staff on site as necessary.
Communication: To represent the team at meetings and to help with consultations on scheme proposals. To liaise with project client, project team, consultants and the general public. To prepare reports, as required.
Qualifications - You will need to be:
Educated to a minimum HNC/HND standard in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
Ideally you will have:
Bachelor or Master degree(s) to meet the professional entry academic requirements of the Institution of Civil Engineers that enables direct progression towards award of MICE and Chartered Engineer status.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Must have good communication and reporting skills.
* Must have a strong desire to learn and develop their own skills leading to further qualifications and a career in Civil Engineering.
* Will be able to produce good quality work including technical reports and designs.
* Will be able to use computer-aided design systems.
* Will be able to keep to high standards of workmanship while keeping to programme and budget.
* May assist in the training of student placements