|Job Ref:||204592240||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Worcester||Address:||Post Code:||WR1||Salary:||£52000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:00|
Engineering Manager - Fresh Food Manufacturing - Worcester - Circa £52k plus car allowance |
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are pleased to be able to offer a new opportunity for an Engineering Manager to work with our client based in Worcester, a market leader in the manufacture and supply of short shelf life fresh food products to major retailers and food service providers.
- To manage Engineering team, maintaining and improving both plant and equipment effectiveness
- To optimise and deliver the highest standards of machine efficiency and output, whilst operating safely at all times
- To ensure the efficient/effective maintenance of building facilities and services across the site
- To nurture a fully trained and competent team with the ability to maintain plant, processes and system(s) aligned with site KPI's
JOB FACTS AND FIGURES
- Budget Management and control circa £2 million
- Energy costs
- Responsibility for Engineering team circa 15 plus sub-contractors
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing a comprehensive engineering service to the site, ensuring the team have the skills and knowledge to provide the level of engineering service required to meet business expectations
- Develop and implement planned maintenance programmes to provide best in class levels of support to Site Operations, improving critical kit reliability and prioritising tasks according to business needs.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end process for CAPEX based projects.
- To provide technical assistance and engineering expertise to drive continual improvement for the site, seeking engineering advances within the food industry to drive overall KPI performance
- To further develop and report on Engineering KPI's that tie in with the overall sites objectives
- Effectively manage a team of highly skilled engineers, project manager and stock controller
- Develop systems and processes to reduce Energy Consumption and improve the Environmental impact of the site
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualified to Chartered Engineer or suitable similar qualifications in an engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years experience within manufacturing, ideally with short shelf life, chilled food exposure
- Proven budgetary management skills
- Knowledge of HandS and environmental control systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of developing and managing teams
- Experience of the latest engineering techniques
- To ensure compliance with standards set by accrediting bodies and customers e.g. BRC/audits
- To establish and maintain processes and procedures to reduce energy consumption and ensure compliance with environmental standards
- To prepare business case(s) for CAPEX expenditure requirements for the site
- To monitor and control capital projects for the site, delivering to time and budget
- To manage the maintenance stores, ensuring effective balance of availability and cost holding of spares
Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
In return for your commitment you will receive a competitive salary of Circa £52k, car allowance, 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and option to enter the company pension scheme.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency