|Job Ref:||204592068||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Salary:||£30 - £40/hour + £245 p/week subsistence allowance||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:07|
My client requires an experienced Project Manager to work on a major infrastructure project to effectively manage the Temporary Works (TW) processes for the project as a whole.|
- Internal: Technical Director, Construction Directors, Construction Teams, Temporary Works Coordinators, Temporary Works Designers
-External: Design Consultants, supply chain, customers, 3rd parties
- Standardise the way we manage TW across the three sections, and ensure best practice is shared;
- Ensure that we have comprehensive TW Schedules for each Section, reviewed and updated every 2 months, and populated with TW required, dates required, identity of designer (and checker if required)
- Ensure that we make full and proper use of the Head Office TW capabilities of the three CJV Partners;
- Ensure that we make full and proper use of the external TW Designer capabilities we employ from time to time for technically complex matters;
- Take an overview of the different TW designs in use across standard elements in the three Sections, pick out best practice, and apply it across the Project. Implement changes to the design detailing to facilitate better and safer TW's. Areas to focus on are temporary support of PC beams, deck diaphragm formwork/falsework, parapet formwork/falsework;
- Ensure the production of competent TW Briefs and support our TWC's to be able to provide these. Ensure that TWC's review the designs submitted to them before they begin to be built. In doing so, cut out the frequency of requests to change TW designs at last minute.
- Manage regular forums of the TWC's and TWD's to share problems, find solutions, share good practice, and avoid duplicating each other's work.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of Sustainability activities
Personal Qualities & Experience (The following qualities/experience are essential):
- Degree or HND/C in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Project Manager in the construction of civil engineering structures
- Minimum 5 years experience in the role of Temporary Works Coordinator
- A thorough knowledge of engineering principles
- Can demonstrate an awareness of methodology costs and understanding of the importance of option reviews
- Maintains up to date technical knowledge
- Has strong numeracy capability
- Has strong skills in Microsoft Office software
- Has good verbal communication and report writing skills
- Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion
- Is a team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales
- Is a self-starter who can manage their own time and proactively seeks and executes activities that will add value to their function
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- A valid CSCS card
- Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. - Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions.
- Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
- Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change