|Job Ref:||204592046||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum + package||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:07|
Our client are providers to the Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, Rail, Electricity, and Energy Sectors in Ireland, the UK and Internationally.|
We have been asked to supply a Project Manager to work on a £125m, 3 year Telecommunications Framework across Scotland. Reporting to the Operations Director and Operations Manager, the successful candidate will provide advice and management of Projects relating to the construction of Civils works (Excavation, Ducting, Sub-Duct, Box Building for Networks) and the delivery of projects in accordance with contract specification.
- To exercise full management control for all civil construction and cable placement activation activities.
- To provide assistance and guidance for all build and activation staff to enable all company employees to deliver network build and activation activities against the agreed base line schedule.
- These operations include but are not limited to the management of contractors and sub-contractors for all terrestrial projects and liaison with local authorities.
- To provide solutions support to the Directors within the design, plan and build team to ensure the most cost effective network design.
- To ensure that all Network build conforms to the Health & Safety Policies, plus the relevant Health & Safety statutory and local authority requirements.
Management and research responsibilities:
- Receipt and dissemination of clients instructions
- Reviewing and authorising Health and Safety plan
- Reviewing and authorising Method Statements
- Reviewing and authorising drawings, designs and specifications
- Reviewing risk/COSHH assessments
- Contact with other bodies e.g. electricity generating company
- Accident/incident investigations and review
- Analysing, monitoring and controlling risk situations
- Advice for completion of ERM reports
- Receiving analysing and distributing details of new/changing BTNI standards, other legislation and good practice
- Specialist safety and induction training
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Have a Civil Engineering Qualification and background.
- Managed end to end successful projects within the telecommunications industry construction environment.
- Be fully aware of all relevant internal and client standards and with the necessary level of understanding, and will have worked closely with relevant clients and building relationships.
- Thorough and practical understanding and implementation of project lifecycle and delivery.
- Excellent project planning and project management skills.
- Capable of managing large and complex projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- NEBOSH qualified
- Full, clean driving licence
The salary, package and career development opportunities on offer are excellent. If interested in this position, e-mail your CV for the attention of James Darby