|Job Ref:||204591809||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£35000 - £55000/annum health, 25days, pension||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:49|
Mathematical / Physics / Scientific Software Engineer to develop and code signal processing and higher level data processing / machine learning algorithms for a small high-technology company. Working within an R&D & scientific environment this would suit a bright mathematical orientated engineer. With a recent successful round of new funding the company are expanding. |
This opportunity requires strong analytical and problem solving skills and some proficiency in C++ programming. The role would be suited to a recent graduate with a science / maths degree, however, some commercial experience would also be very welcome!
Working within a small team to developing signal processing and higher level data processing algorithms to extract measurements from multiple data streams in real time. The successful applicant will be expected to code these algorithms in C++ (while we can teach C++ it is highly advantageous that the applicant have some high level programming language skill such as Python, C#, VB).
We are looking for a science graduate with a 1st Class / 2.i Degree from a top University. BSc, MSc, PhD in Engineering / Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science / Chemistry / Biology / Natural Sciences or similar discipline. Any internships, commercial experience or awards would be highly beneficial to the role.
* Strong understanding of modern signal processing and data processing / machine learning methods
* Proficiency in C++ programming in a Linux environment.
* Work within a simulation environment and associated techniques.
* Creative approach to problem solving.
* Good attention to detail and able to work to deadlines.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Signal Processing methods e.g. Wavelet and Fourier transforms.
* Optimisation methods e.g. Neural Networks, Cluster Analysis, Bayesian Analysis, Genetic Algorithms
* Classical data processing methods e.g. solutions of simultaneous equations, curve fitting using splines, linear regression.
* An appreciation of how to write efficient code.
* Experience of working in a software team and using source control software e.g. Git
* Experience of working with large data sets.
* Geant4 or similar radiometric simulation software.
Due to expansion of the business there is excellent scope for career path and promotion if the applicant wishes to pursue this path.
Benefits include pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday