|Job Ref:||204591834||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:00|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the industry's most vibrant and exciting company's. With a diverse project portfolio and a sustained period of financial growth, this business has developed an enviable reputation for delivering high spec and high quality projects.|
As a result of an ever increasing client portfolio the business is actively looking to recruit an experienced Technical Services Manager (TSM), ideally with an Electrical bias.
You will need to demonstrate a clear career history as a Technical Service Manager (TSM), delivering complex M&E packages across a diverse range of projects and sectors.
• Extensive Technical Services experience with a broad field understanding of Construction with M&E Building services bias.
• Ability to work on own initiative on multiple projects.
• Ability to interpret programmes of works, drawings and technical specification.
• Ability to develop and manage Programmes for M&E building services.
• Extensive previous experience and a proven track record of delivering and managing M&E projects including familiarity with Security, Fire Alarms and AV Systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to produce clear, concise reports and to present reports to meetings.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently from vested interests.
• Additional skills / qualifications which would strengthen an application:
• Detailed knowledge of CIBSE Codes of Practice
• Knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007, Building Regulations and other construction related statutory regulation.
• Experience of working on Commercial Construction projects.
• Good IT skills & familiar with basic Microsoft and other computer programmes.
• ONC/HNC or Equivalent in Electrical Engineering
• Liaise with Consultants and Contractors to ensure correct understanding of system operation and performance criteria.
• Consult with Management Team to agree parameters for delivering M&E Installation and co-ordination with Construction activities.
• Liaise with M&E Sub-Contractors to develop and implement Installation Strategy, Programme & Commissioning strategy.
• Manage and monitor services programme and progress reports.
• Liaise with District Surveyor to co-ordinate inspections, witnessing activities and sign off of systems.
• Hold and manage weekly progress meetings with relevant trade contractors.
• Oversee and manage the installation activities of specialists' sub-contractors including LV Switchgear, PDU and UPS, systems, Security, BMS, Data, Audio Visual, Fire Alarms and all aspects of Commissioning. If you are an experienced Senior Project/Contracts Manager looking for the next step in your career, then this could be the opportunity for you.
• Up to date with industry standard information.
• Knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
• Abreast of current construction industry legislation and best practice.
• Awareness and understanding of Building Regulations & CIBSE Code of Practice.
• Immediate availability.
• Ability to plan work programmes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent IT skills, typically MS Office, data base packages.
• Ability to engage colleagues and other key stakeholders and promote good practice techniques.
• Proven track record of managing and implementing Building Services installations, ideally Electrical bias with Mechanical experience.
• Ability to relate to both client and company needs with respect to project delivery.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Trustworthy with confidential information, is able to deal with confidential information in an appropriate and sensitive way. Does not divulge information.
• Flexible - This post may involve an element of out of hours and weekend working.
• Loyalty and commitment.
• Considerable experience and or excellent qualifications in this field is expected.
If you would like further details regarding this position or alternatively like to submit your application, please contact David Mead on (Apply online only)