|Job Ref:||204591777||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North Ayrshire||Address:||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:24|
Junior Design Engineer|
This role represents a rare opportunity for a junior electronics engineer to join the core team of a multi-national European operation. We design and manufacture multi-cell Li-ION batteries for household and industrial applications, consumer electronics and energy storage systems for a number of large OEMs. As part of the company's growth plan, a new role has been opened at the European Design Centre to support our European sales and marketing operation.
Our manufacturing operations are based in mainland China and a candidate with a bi-lingual (English and Chinese) knowledge would have the advantage, as a great deal of communication between the design centre and the manufacturing team is required.
We require an engineer to join our design team to work on all aspects of the electronic design, including battery management system, power distribution and the associated control electronics. The role will suit a candidate with a good knowledge of analogue or digital electronics and design experience of power supplies or battery management systems. Ideally a candidate with a background either consumer or automotive electronics in is sought.
The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team responsible for developing the company's products, specifically for the European market. The design challenges range from modification of existing products to European standards through to bespoke designs to customer specifications. This role offers the opportunity for a junior engineer to gain experience in an increasingly important sector under the tutorage of our experience design team.
Skills / Experience
- At least 2 years experience of Power Electronics / Battery Management Systems
- At least 2 year's electronic engineering experience in analogue, power management, SMPS or battery chargers.
- Good working knowledge of CAE/CAD tools such as OrCAD EE
- General experience in analogue electronics including the design of basic amplifiers and filters.
- Good understanding of control theory and its application to analogue control systems.
- Experience in the design of high efficiency DC/DC or AC/DC converters.
- Knowledge of the basic converter topologies.
- Knowledge of synchronous rectification techniques would be beneficial.
- Design to meet relevant safety standards such as IEC 60950, galvanic isolation requirements and radiated and conducted RFI specifications is beneficial.
- Knowledge of battery technology, specifically Lithium Ion/ Polymer, would be beneficial.
- Systematic and thorough approach in problem solving and work ethics are very important for this role
- Any embedded coding experience and digital interfacing techniques would be an advantage.
- Solid academic background, holding at least a BSc (MSc preferred) in an electrical or electronic engineering discipline