|Job Ref:||204591544||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum +£1,300 car allowance||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:59|
My client is a leading London Housing Association that is looking to build its M&E team within a period of unprecedented growth. You will have the opportunity to make a real difference upon this growth and contribute to an on going programme of planned works.|
You will be part of a professional team providing designs that meet challenging targets for operational efficiency; working with developers to ensure that systems selected also meet our requirements for installation quality, and compliance. With the majority of new installations having communal and district distribution for the provision of heating we aim to lead the way for innovation, quality and value.
You will manage a team who in turn will manage a workload of projects for new and existing buildings, both designing and instructing requirements; you will be responsible for liaising with each area of the business as well as external professionals to identify continual improvement methods and enable effective scheme commissioning and handover to ensure that each property meets stringent standards with documentation for health and safety files and operation and maintenance manuals agreed as finalised.
You will have professional qualifications ideally to degree level and experience in the design and project management of building services installations with a Mechanical Engineering bias and excellent experience of Electrical and Lift Engineering requirements and compliance. You will have excellent communication skills, an important aspect of this position is to discuss and promote standards as well as challenging, designs, quality and installations. Reporting skills will be helpful to track targets and compare data for key performance indications.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of design, energy use regarding compliance standards including Part L, Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM.
Essential skill requirements:
• A degree or the equivalent level of experience in a relevant subject area - e.g Mechanical Building Services Engineering.
• Full understanding of design and design processes.
• Extensive experience of the requirements for commissioning communal and district heating systems incorporating, gas boilers, CHP units, biomass boilers, building management systems and metering systems.
• Experience of working with M&E contractors and managing third parties during the commissioning process.
• Extensive knowledge of CIBSE, BSRIA and RIBA codes and standards, and of all relevant legislation, including CDM2015.
• A proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
• Extensive knowledge of Electrical and Lift Engineering regulations and compliance
• Previous management experience
• A knowledge of Building Information Modelling.
• An understanding of the softlandings process
• The ability to use IT communications systems.
• Experience of construction project management and of dealing with stakeholders at multiple levels