|Job Ref:||204591313||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:07|
Experienced Carpentry Supervisor required to drive forward production processes within the carpentry departments of a highly successful Plymouth based manufacturer. The successful candidate will be required to coach and mentor staff whilst leading by example, ensuring the department is achieving excellent levels of Productivity, Customer Service and Health and Safety. Suitable applicants will be a qualified and experienced Carpenter or Joiner, as well as having a strong Supervisory background within a similar environment. |
• To lead and motivate the team to continually achieve and exceed productivity, customer service and quality target levels.
• To agree, with the Management team, the production schedule for all departments including Machine Shop, Spray Shop and carpentry areas. Ensuring customer demands are aligned to operational capacities, taking into consideration budgeted operations costs.
• To maintain and operate at optimum production capacity, by ensuring teams are correctly resourced and trained, equipment maintained and housekeeping standards are delivered.
• Working with other departmental managers, scheduling and buying teams to ensure a timely and continuous supply of parts to meet schedules.
• As a member of the production team contribute fully to strategic site production matters and the development of best practice operations.
• To maintain security and protect the assets so as to limit liability and minimise loss.
• To build a high performing team culture within your department that recognises and rewards excellence and encourages individuals to strive for performance improvement
• To review right first time production processes and procedures, identifying and acting upon opportunities to deliver continuous improvements in business performance, with particular emphasis on quality and health & safety
• Experience as a Manager working in a similar role for a joinery or carpenter business and proven track record of effectively managing projects from start through the different stages of implementation to completion.
• Recognised Carpentry Qualification - City & Guilds or NVQ Level 2 or 3. In the absence of a carpentry qualification 10 years 'on tools' practical experience working as a carpenter.
• Experience and understanding of all aspects of the joinery process.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Proven track record to be able to manage and lead a team.
• Ability to be flexible and prioritise workload.
• Excellent attention to detail and finish.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Able to resolve problems under own initiative.
• Able to make decisions which suit business needs.
If you are an experienced Manager with a Joinery or Carpentry background, and are seeking a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For informal chat please phone (Apply online only) and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest