|Job Ref:||204591316||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:59|
Project Manager - with Semi Conductor/ Radio Frequency/Microelectronic - Northampton|
Our client is a leading technology solutions provider based in Northampton. Due to expansion they are now seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join their team.
Job Purpose: • The PM will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of Engineering development Projects, providing guidance and management overview to all key project milestones.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: • The PM will be responsible for on time delivery of Engineering Projects whilst adhering to cost and quality.
• The right candidate will need to develop the project management infrastructure, resources and process.
• The incumbent will ensure that all projects conform to the existing business processes
• You will need to have experience with co-ordinate with all Business Unit functions; preparing proposals and business plans.
• The PM will be the point of contact in relation to customer issues within individual projects.
• You will be responsible for the developing and implementing plans to achieve cost and schedule reductions.
• You will work with the Engineering Manager to ensure that "Design to Cost" objectives are set-out and managed throughout the life of the development program
• Responsible for resolving in the first instance any conflicts that exist between projects.
• You must have had previous experience in managing complex development programs through production
• Monthly presentation of progress to customers and senior management.
• You will oversee cost management and resource planning from bid phase through to program award or R & D approval.
• The PM will bring to light any issues (risks etc) that could affect program costs and delivery schedules.
• You will also need to offer support to engineering in order to generate manufacturing packages (BOMs, PTSs, ATPs, drawings etc...) to satisfy the design requirements.
• You will need to advise customers of any changes in schedules.
• The PM will also assist marketing in the generation of RFQs (provide costing inputs and schedules).
• Hold and chair project progress review.
• The incumbent will have to ensure awareness compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to.
Key Competencies Required: • Leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Comprehensive understanding of management of costs
• Knowledge and understanding of workflow management
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Teambuilding skills
• Time management skills
Work Experience: • Comprehensive experience of managing projects of similar scope of the same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery.
• Experience of managing multi disciplined team including project team, third party stakeholders and other internal functions.
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience using key Project Management methodologies and processes.
• Experience of managing projects through all phases of the lifecycle.
Minimum Qualifications: • Relevant certification in project management, degree in a relevant departmental function/technology or relevant experience in a project management environment
Key Measures & Milestones • Completion of all projects to agreed timescales and costs,
to the required quality to ensure customer satisfaction..
• Generation and delivery of all required project metrics/reports to the required standard within the agreed time frame.
Agency: UCA Consulting
Contact Name: Richard Lalchan
Contact Email: NA
Telephone: (Apply online only)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £55k + package depending on experience