|Job Ref:||204591068||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Coleshill||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Salary:||£55000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:06|
MAINTENANCE MANAGER - AUTOMOTIVE - WEST MIDLANDS|
Salary and benefits:
* £55,000+ DOE + car allowance + bonus and attractive benefits package
* Substantial future career and promotional opportunities
* 25 days' holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Early finish Friday
Are you ambitious, results orientated and ready for a role with autonomy?
Are you driven by Lean Manufacturing and providing a World Class Engineering service?
Are you seeking a unique, challenging and rewarding opportunity both immediately and long term coupled with job stability and long term further development and promotional opportunities?
I have recruited for this site for over two years and under the focused leadership of the Plant Manager during that time have seen significant positive sustained change.
There a number of unique projects starting next year which along with their success to date and business development plans means there really is an unique opportunity for this site to achieve World Class Engineering Excellence and this role will be fundamental in both the planning and execution of these projects and their long term sustained success!
Main purpose of the role;
As a collaborative, focused member of the Senior Management Team you will manage the Maintenance department to provide an Engineering service aligned to the Plants manufacturing needs and achievement of its 5 years goals and targets for expansion, growth and status as a Centre of World Class Engineering Excellence and European Flagship for the company.
* Departmental Definition Coordinated, focused approach to definition, creation, implementation & management of all procedures/processes required to serve current & future manufacturing needs
* KPI's Define, establish, implement, monitor and review departmental KPI's to achieve role & departmental objectives detailing these as part of a monthly review.
* Team Training, Development and Leadership Implement effective KPI's, PDP's, training plans and day to day leadership to develop, motivate & challenge individual/team skill levels to ensure appropriate support for all current/future manufacturing needs
* Team Management Pro-actively resolve sickness/absenteeism/disciplinary issues & positively manage day to day welfare of team members
* Health and Safety Contribute to strong Safety Aware/Safety First Culture & mindset. Ensure safety of employees assigned to/affected by actions of your team. Undertake departmental accident/incident investigation
* Departmental Budget & Capital Expenditure Creation & management
* TPM Develop, manage & cascade plant TPM system
* Lean Manufacturing Positively contribute/support definition of Lean Manufacturing opportunities & successful management into plant
* 5S Develop, introduce, support & sustain 5S systems/working practices/procedures
* Senior Management Team Collaborate proactively & positively with a can-do/problem resolution mind set in all formal/informal meetings/discussions/strategy sessions
* ECR Manage & successfully implement all ECR activity & change
* New Business Opportunities/CAR activities Coordinate & support NBO's quotation and creation/management/implementation of accurate CAR activities
* New Materials & Processes Identify, manage & introduce new materials and processes
To be successful in this role, you will have;
* 7+ years' experience within process engineering disciplines at senior level
* Good understanding of tooling management & in depth knowledge of high volume manufacturing principles
* Competent knowledge of Automotive Customer & Plant base Quality, HS&E requirements - essential
* Competent appreciation of Lean Principles and Methodology
* CI mindset and track record of relevant achievements/improvements
* Experience of managing capital projects from conception to commissioning and completion.
* HNC or Degree or equivalent in Engineering - ideally
This company will be right for you if, you are/have...
* Passionate, dynamic & highly motivated to lead and develop your team to achieve personal, team and company KPI's & objectives
* Collaborative, results orientated, proactive problem solver and colleague
* Flexible with a strong sense of urgency & ability to meet changing priorities, deadlines & targets
* Excellent organisational and communication skills
* Are a genuine people person with a good sense of humour, enjoy the fast pace and challenge of a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Want to shape, define, develop, mentor and lead your department and be a collaborative part of a SMT driven to achieving a World Class Centre of Engineering Excellence and European flagship for the company.
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply with an updated copy of your CV