|Job Ref:||204591117||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Code:||WS11||Salary:||£25000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:38|
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Designer to join a well established container conversion business. This permanent role offers a salary of round £25K dependant upon the experience of the candidate. |
The purpose of the role is to provide support and advice to the sales team predominantly in the production of CAD drawings but also in the compilation of specifications and researching and procuring materials. To also assist the company in ensuring that their procedures involved in the production of works requiring such input are always followed and suppliers kept fully versed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To prepare engineering 2D and 3D models and construction drawings in accordance with current standards and codes of practice including general arrangements and construction details.
- Ensure that drawings are prepared, stored, issued and archived in accordance with company procedures and within the company computer system.
- Communicate technical subjects with all members of staff as and when required and assist sales staff in meeting with customers, providing technical support.
- Take responsibility of drawing issues and daily housekeeping of both digital and hard copy project file storage.
- Establish filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings
- Ensure delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes.
- Build and adhere to project programmes.
- Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the CAD system is used effectively.
- To oversee deliveries and commissioning of customers work from time to time.
- To liaise with customers on a daily basis to fully understand their requirements and accurately provide drawings and assist in building specifications on items required accordingly.
- Have knowledge of standard drafting practices and procedures
- To keep a strong working relationship with present suppliers and develop new relationships with suppliers.-
- To fully understand the product you are in contact with in order to be able to easily identify any potential issues.
- To be Passionate about your role within the business.
- Visit customers and sites to encourage sales of converted equipment and occasionally attend exhibitions where sales opportunities must be maximised.
- To be organised and up to date at all times with the completion of paperwork and