|Job Ref:||204590985||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Middlesex||City:||Middlesex||Address:||Post Code:||HA0||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:27|
Technical Manufacturing Engineer|
Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm
We have a permanent position available for an experienced Technical Manufacturing Engineer to join a prestigious Engineering client based in Middlesex.
• The Technical Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for devising the most efficient manufacturing process, by utilising the optimal sequence of operations and applying lean manufacturing and technical solutions to ensure that production projects are completed within set deadlines, on budget, and in line with all the relevant quality and safety standards and regulations.
• In addition to appraising the production methods, analysing logistics and manufacturing schedules, the job holder must also provide competitive estimates for machined components.
• The job holder will also act as backup support to the Production Manager during vacation periods and/or other times as required.
1. To accurately generate shop floor production documentation packages for manufactured parts and to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and Newmont employees to ensure the necessary standard of production is achieved and changes to specifications are interpreted accurately and effectively managed.
2. Support the quotation function of the business i.e. assists in the preparation of manufacturing layouts and processes for new tenders. The job holder will estimate labour, equipment and material demands, using mathematical formulas to produce accurate technical specifications.
3. Provide technical support and training to the workshop and Inspection and assist in trouble shooting production issues.
4. Make recommendations to Production Manager for continuous improvement in the production process to maximise output, maintain quality and reduce costs.
5. To support management in the design and delivery of innovative manufacturing techniques and contribute to the delivery of operational excellence.
6. Follow up with other engineers to ensure all product and system requirements are followed from the initial product layout to the finished product.
7. Demonstrate innovative thinking and technical skills to improve efficiency and maintain cost effectiveness in the manufacturing process.
8. Adhere to Company Health and Safety requirements and follow Company rules and acceptable codes of conduct.
9. Produce work in a timely manner and adhere to time and attendance requirements.
10. Carry out contract reviews of completed orders.
1. Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
• A minimum of 5 years CNC machining engineering/manufacturing experience, preferably in aerospace and defense industries
• Experience of estimating and producing quotes.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the manufacturing process is essential and
experience of working in a Precision Machining and Engineering Environment.
• Strong engineering ability with regard to drawings, manufacturing methods and timings.
• The ability to work to tight deadlines.
• A proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Good working knowledge of MRP systems, preferably Job Shop/Javelin.
• English Language - advanced level of oral English
• Knowledge and working experience of ISO:9001/ AS9100
• Experience of gear cutting would be an advantage
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position