|Job Ref:||204590803||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oxford (Chalgrove)||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Company car and fuel||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:46|
Position Title: CONTRACTS MANAGER |
Location/ Work base: Site & Office
Main Purpose of post:
The general day-to-day duties are to liaise with the MD and other Contracts Manager to supervise the site based subcontractors & direct labour, assist in managing site-based activities to ensure that contracts are delivered on time, to the required standards, and within budget whilst maintaining client satisfaction.
Communication with the office is important and vital for smooth running of the projects.
Principle Responsibilities to include, but not limited to the following:
1. Undertake site inspections daily and accurately record each visit on a site diary sheet logging labour on site, delays and disruptions, client instructions, inclement weather etc.
2. Daily Diary Management for site visits. Each week must be projected ahead but can be subject to change and updated as necessary. (Electronic Outlook Diary)
3. Organising plant and materials for timely deliveries, including collecting and delivering materials in company vehicles.
4. Ordering materials using the required purchase order system, following company procedures.
5. Quality control snagging work and making sure it is specification compliant for warranties.
6. Take photographs as and when required/appropriate and download into the project files.
7. All requirements of resources of labour onsite must be in liaison and agreement with either MD/QS or Contracts Manager before any labour is removed from any one site.
8. To issue and collect from all subcontractors and direct labour all documentation required for audit purposes and accurate record keeping of all site diaries, day work sheets, Tool box talks and personnel records.
9. Liaise with main contractors to ensure good relations are maintained and our performance/ on site requirements are clearly communicated and recorded.
10. Assist by responding to issues raised by subcontractors or clients by assisting in enquiries and the identification of any remedial or follow up action if required.
11. From time to time it may be necessary to represent the company at site meetings.
12. Provide technical advice to subcontractors and direct labour and clients when required.
13. To assist the project surveyor in day to day work activities such as logging and monitoring variations so that they are picked up and invoiced accordingly.
14. To prepare information, as necessary, to aid in defending claims for loss or damages due to poor performance or defective work etc.
15. To co-operate with health and safety and monitor subcontractors compliance with onsite Health & safety and take remedial action in the event of a breach of policy. Toolbox talks and Internal Site Safety Inspections and reports.
16. Responsible for company Tools & Equipment. All tools and equipment are to be booked in and out in a timely fashion, kept in good working condition and must be signed for by the appropriate operative and any loss or damage will be recovered