|Job Ref:||204590408||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||North Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||DL8||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum attractive bens package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:45|
The Planning Team provide top quality planning support to Project Managers, delivery teams and resource managers including comprehensive workloads forecasts to Directors. The team manages a portfolio of around 100 live projects at any one time.|
* The preparation and development of effective project planning schedules and project controls using Primavera P6 and associated planning software
* The preparation, development and maintenance of effective project reporting tools following established company processes and best practice.
* Supporting Project Managers and Project Engineers in the delivery of projects to schedule by providing comprehensive information utilising a range of planning and reporting tools and techniques
* Through effective communication assist Team Leaders with managing team performance and take necessary corrective action to ensure commitments made are delivered
* Develop and maintain client relationships in order to obtain steady growth of planning services supplied directly to external clients
* Ensure that the quality of the service provided is continuously being developed and improved
* Any other reasonable duties as required
* Self-motivated team player. Able to work with the minimum of supervision. Pro-active problem solving
* Computer literate - specifically, Excel, Lotus notes, Microsoft Office packages
* GCES'S including maths, English and IT as a minimum.
* Experience of working within a client focused team would be advantageous
* Willing to learn and gain as much knowledge of the planning processes as possible
* Interest in engineering would be advantageous
* Awareness of Engineering principles and standards, ideally in rail or civil engineering.
* Awareness of Safety standards
* Excellence in planning systems and software
* Good commercial awareness including programming and delivery to Budget/ timescales.
* P6 Microsoft Office
Competence and skills
* Planning and executing - Can manage a number of activities, a long-term planner able to track & update & inform, identifies risks.
* Accountability for results - Takes responsibility for results and delivery. Consistent in achieving targets
* Commercial awareness
* Transformation and change - Contributes positively to change, supports new ideas, raises ideas of their own and able to contribute positively to the solution.
* Customer focus - committed to providing excellent customer service, and demonstrated by their work and the team performance. Proactively develop good internal and external client relationships
* Teamwork - Highly dependable team player able to create a positive working environment & 'team spirit'. Experience of team management and development
* Self development & developing others - Takes a positive view of own development and uses appropriate tools to support development. Looks to develop others in a positive manner and act as mentor. Continuous improvement part of work ethos. Assist developing expertise of other team members.
* Communication - able to communicate with tact and diplomacy, complete good quality reports and paperwork. Have good command of written and spoken English
* Networking - Makes use of contacts to support business goals on a consistent basis
* Motivation - Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, provide added value in addition to current work. Work based on providing solutions to issues
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business