|Job Ref:||204590229||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dungannon||Address:||Post Code:||BT71||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:45|
Joinery Production Manager|
Pay: Salary DOE
Holiday: 20 Days (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
The candidate will be responsible for managing all projects from production through to dispatch - helping to maximise the company's capabilities. He/she will work closely with the CNC Operator to ensure the machines are being utilised to their full capacity, they will overseethe operation of the beam saw, edge bander and sander, working closely with the management team to ensure the highest performance of all machines, and helping to guide and develop the company towards further growth and success.
Other key tasks:
- Monitor projects with management to ensure deadlines are met and that the highest levels of quality are maintained at all times.
- Check through CAD drawings with the CAD Designer to ensure projects are set out utilising the best methods to suit the company's machinery capabilities.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to ensure all staff are suitably trained.
- Maintain lines of communication between workshop and management on significant project related matters.
- Liaise with clients when required, helping to build on Hartwood Joinery's strong working relationships.
- Liaising with subcontractors to ensure items are manufactured correctly and programme dates and quality standards are met.
- Oversee capacity planning with Operations Manager, who will provide you real time information/reports of current production status.
- Overflow for CAD setting out when required.
- First aid trained / willing to take course (not critical).
Main job specification:
Manage projects on a day-to-day basis. Ensure deadlines are met. Work closely with the General Manager, Operations Manager and Director, providing up-to-date information on project progress. Control the production and manufacturing processes.
Host meetings with the workshop team to ensure that they are fully briefed on job progress and their requirements at all times.
At the start of each project, the candidate will be required to host a meeting with the General Manager to discuss predicted hours for each element, as well as workshop capacity. This will assist in meeting deadlines, maintaining health & safety and certifications.
The candidate will attend any relevant training required for software and machinery.
The candidate will manage all aspects of health and safety within the company, ensuring the workplace and its staff are kept safe at all times. He/she will also ensure all staff are wearing the correct uniform and PPE.
He/she will need to be highly organised, methodical, and seek opportunities to help the business grow.
He/she will carry out the final walk through of the workshop premises each day, ensuring all machines are shut down, power is isolated and workshops are locked.
Desired skills & expertise:
- AutoDesk AutoCAD.
- A strong understanding and experience of CNC programming (or willing to be
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Process driven with excellent time management skills.
- A methodical approach to work and an eye for detail, with a strong interest to learn new methods and techniques with new machinery.
- A keen desire to share best practice.
- A clean full UK driver's licence.
- A trustworthy, reliable attitude.
Note to candidate:
You will be given a workshop-based office, complete with a dual screen computer linked to the company server for access to necessary documents and information. On busy occasions, you may be required to be present on a Saturday morning to ensure production is on schedule when frontline staff are working