|Job Ref:||204590087||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£26000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:59|
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Multiskilled) required to;|
• To conduct all activities within current H&S regulations, company policy and best practice.
• To exercise a duty of care to others and promote a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
• To attend to all machine breakdowns in a timely manner and endeavour to effectively solve any problems and return the machine to production as soon as possible.
• Carry out daily and weekly checks as per the schedule.
• Carry out planned maintenance on plant and equipment. This may involve a full machine or gearbox strip down.
• To update the computer maintenance system with tasks done and parts used.
• Carry out the maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities including plumbing.
• Carry out machine modifications, overhauls and new installations.
• To do basic electrical tasks as agreed with the engineering team leader which will not exceed ability or training.
• To adhere to lock-off and hot works procedures.
• To use workshop tools and equipment as per manufacturer's recommendations, H&S guidelines, company policy and training received.
• To keep the workshop tidy, clean and safe at all times.
• To keep the engineers stores orderly, clean and ensure that minimum levels are maintained.
• To work closely with other trades and contractors to get the job done.
• To liaise with engineering colleagues and the production team to identify machine improvements and maintenance requirements.
• Attend training courses either on-site or at the training facilities.
• To do any other reasonable tasks required.
• Flexibility to work extended hours.
• Be prepared for occasional visits to suppliers and machine manufacturers
You will already have/obtained;
• Completion of a maintenance engineering apprenticeship or equivalent.
• Minimum five years in a production environment.
• Good fault-finding and diagnostic skills.
• Competency with a range of workshop equipment.
• Ability to weld.
• Ability to use a lathe
• Supply own standard tools. Specialist tools will be provided if required.
• PC literate
• Ability to work under pressure