|Job Ref:||204590012||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:23|
Management Information Reporting Analyst|
Location - Chelmsford, Essex
Fixed Term Contract - 3- 6 months
£30,000 - £35,000 pro rata (negotiable)
Purpose of the role:
Joining our on-site recruitment team as a Reporting/Management Information Analyst, you will work with your immediate colleagues and the wider business community of a large County Council client to understand and deliver management information, business intelligence & functional reports that meet our collective needs. You will need to track our performance against various service level agreements using key performance indicators as well as produce meaningful data to support our operational management and ongoing drive for business improvement.
Technically, you'll be using BOXI reporting (Business Objects), advanced Excel and SQL whilst interrogating Oracle Business Intelligence and an Applicant Tracking System (Taleo, Talentlink & Peoplefluent) to produce tailored management information reports on an ad hoc, weekly and monthly basis. Other business intelligence tools may also be used with training provided.
The business is going through significant transformational change and has a keen appetite for data and management/business information so there will be plenty of scope within this role to provide meaningful insight, ongoing trend analysis and recommendations designed to impact positively on our goals and objectives.
Role & responsibilities
* Directly work with the business (at all levels) to understand their data / business intelligence / reporting /MI requirements
* Support MI/BI activity across a range of activity, generating reports and information adhering to defined templates (including the Dashboard Model) & deadlines, and ensuring compliance with information security protocols.
* Support the early adoption of the new ATS platform through generation of rapid response reports as part of the early life support programme (i.e. payment errors & data support to analyse & resolve) and input into system configuration
* Provide data analysis and interpretation, insight and support (i.e. "...what does it mean?"), including contributing to the support & development of appropriate SLA's and KPI's.
* Maintain and provide MI/BI user support for the ATS (Talentlink/PeopleFluent), Oracle and other applications as required. At all times maximise the utilisation of all systems in order to automate & standardise MI/BI processes
* Assist with reviewing and documenting MI/BI processes undertaken, make recommendations for their development and advise on the availability of current reports that may satisfy business needs. This will include some maintenance of areas such as data field names, screen locations, security, type, building codes, staff names etc,
* Be competent in the use of BOXI Reporting (Business Objects Reporting), Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, Power View, Advanced Lookups etc), and SQL (for development of queries).
* Analyse and prioritise reporting requirements, estimating time to deliver required solution and communicate to the require parties
* Ensure quality of data provided, lead UAT and ensure the processes for new reports run correctly
* Ensure the business receive the required MI/BI in a timely and effective manner in line with Capita standard reporting cycles and that ad hoc reporting request are met positively
* Provide of MI/BI for new application implementation projects and contribute to ongoing business planning.
* Provide advice & system training to users as directed to improve user interface and experience.
* Implement and manage a data quality compliance methodology creating exception reporting against certain known areas of poor data
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Strong IT skills with a background in MI/BI reporting
* Willing to use multiple MI/BI technologies
* Excellent communication skills to work with both technical colleagues and the wider business
* Problem solving skills and a structured analytical approach
* Questioning skills and an ability to organise your time and prioritise tasks.
* Self-starter & pro-active
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us