|Job Ref:||204590162||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birkenhead||Address:||Post Code:||CH42||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum (Dependant on Experience)||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:27|
Assistant Engineering Manager: An Assistant Engineering Manager is required to support the Engineering Manager in their day to day role. The position covers a wide range of responsibilities including shift rotas, engineering stores, day to day engineering repair and maintenance, and engineering projects delivery.|
Reporting to the Engineering Manager this is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Engineering Manager to join a market leading supplier of quality processed nuts, raw nuts and dried fruit mixes to Europe's blue chip food manufacturers and wholesalers.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager in their day to day roll, maintaining shift rotas and CMMS, engineering stores systems and running day to day engineering repair and maintenance task delivery in a timely manner.
- The engineering evaluation, design, implementation planning, and management of Capital and Revenue projects, from need identification to Operational hand over, in support of developing plant efficiency, quality and safety.
- Management of project contractor resource during installation and commissioning.
- Management of engineering staff including those released to projects duties as need dictates.
- Recommending Capital spend and provide tracking reports and best value spend recommendations
Skills & Experience
- HND/HNC certifications considered but preferably an Engineering Degree OR equivalent time served experience and vocational qualifications in engineering, supervision, coded certifications and experience in projects, PPM operation and CI techniques.
- 16Th or 17th Edition Certified.
- Proficient in the use of CAD Drawings.
- Self-motivated, a good communicator and focused.
- Leadership, respected by peers and problem solving.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Ability to think clearly about solutions and best route to resolution under pressure from colleagues, suppliers, budgets, time scales or technical problems.
- Decisive planning of work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Technically competent with a structured analytical approach.
- People management skills - resolute approach to project deliverables and driving resources into the efficient delivery of any project.
- Demonstrate a proactive, flexible and adaptable approach.
- Good Administration and organisation skills including skills in MS office and PPM.
- Ability to build strong relationships with engineering suppliers to leverage value and reactivity.
This is a really exciting and rewarding opportunity for an Assistant Engineering Manager to join Salary fully negotiable based on experience, plus bonus package