|Job Ref:||204590142||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Huntingdon||Address:||Post Code:||PE29||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:02|
For: General Foreman |
Salary Dependant on experience
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/04408
To efficiently manage safety, quality, cost, programme performance on a project.
• Understand the method statements and risk assessments produced and issued for the works.
• Be able to ensure that the workforce understand and adhere to the method statements and risk assessments issued.
• Assist the Agent/Project Manager to manage the efficient mobilisation of resources to site and set up site compound in accordance with company procedures and CDM2007.
• Read and understand drawings and specifications.
• Assist the Agent/Project Manager to carry out site inductions and toolbox talks for all operatives highlighting company and site rules and site specific safety hazards, including checking operatives safety certificates.
• Enforce Company policy on PPE with all operatives, sub-contractors and visitors
• Assist the Agent/Project Manager to liaise with statutory utility companies regarding diversion and location of existing mains and/or installation of new mains.
• Assist in managing the safety, quality and environmental issues on site in accordance with CDM2007, current legislation, regulations, Codes of Practise and company policies.
• Interpretation and implementation of Company Management systems - ISO 9001 Quality Management System; ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 18001 OHSAS Occupational Health & Safety Management System,
• Help identify the need for up-dated risk assessments and method statements as works progress.
• Control plant, labour and materials usage to avoid cost over runs and wastage.
• Manage key time/cost/quality/safety risks to successful delivery of project.
• Assist the Agent/Project Manager to maintain as-built records to enable programme to be up-dated.
• Liaise with clients representatives/consultants on site in a professional manner.
• Manage plant and materials deliveries to ensure the smooth running of the works.
• Responsible for the securing offices, containers and site boundary at the end of every shift.
• Monitor subcontractor's quality/programme/safety performance on a regular basis and advise the Agent/Project Manager of any non-compliance.
• Manage workmanship/quality of work by direct labour and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification.
• Advise the Agent/Project Manager of changes requiring RFI's and CVI's.
• Actively engage in the snagging/handover process to ensure no defects at completion.
• Maintain photographic/contemporary records of progress/delays/unusual occurrences.
• Record any delay and/or disruption to the works and inform Agent/Project Manager/QS on a regular basis.
• Report any accidents/near misses/service strikes to H&S department.
• Assist the Agent/Project Manager in dealing with disciplinary/performance issues via verbal warnings only. Serious breaches to be notified to Contract Manager.
• Ensure that the site is working its stipulated hours in accordance with Company policy.
• Monitor operatives performance and time keeping.
• Ensure that the plant on site is fully utilised and is in good working order.
Salary is subject to relevant work experience in a similar role and environment