|Job Ref:||204589653||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:02|
My client, a well established electrical contractor based in Reading who specialise in offering MEICA related services are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager with a track record of successfully delivering electrical projects on an Industrial scale.|
Electrical Project Manager - Purpose of Role
The Project Manager will demonstrate good commercial aptitude in playing a pivotal role in delivering specialist projects (mainly within the UK Water Industry) with individual values ranging from c£1K to c£500K, and must have a committed and flexible 'can do' attitude to undertaking a multi-functional project management role to successfully deliver a variety of Electrical / Instrumentation / Controls / SCADA / Telemetry (with some minor mechanical / civils) related schemes.
He/she will be responsible for the complete project and programme management of multiple MEICA projects across the client portfolio, working with other members of the Project Management group as well as senior staff from the Operational and Business Development teams to assist in the commercial aspects of each project, supported with appropriate resources to conclude the works via the various multi-disciplined departments within the client which may or may not include sub-contracted labour as required.
This role will require the ability to effectively liaise with internal staff (both senior and junior) and external clients / contractors in a polite, professional and courteous manner.
Operating within a small project management team there will also be a requirement to travel for site surveys, site visits, meetings, etc and there may be a need for this role to work from remote site office locations or client offices depending on the scope of the project.
Electrical Project Manager - Accountabilities
Typical (non-exhaustive) duties may include: -
* Initial project feasibility, survey, project scoping, estimation, design
* Assisting other Project Management or departmental staff as required
* Managing all project-related correspondence, schedules, plans, deliverables and documentation
* Planning and purchasing materials / sub-contractors as required
* Planning resource availability, and skills requirements liaising with internal staff to secure multi-disciplined internal labour
* Regular liaison with client representatives
* Adjusting projects priorities and milestones based upon the customer's changing needs
* Providing regular feedback on operational issues / concerns to stakeholders and senior managers
* Monitoring project budgets and assisting with data for commercial invoicing
* Ensuring that all Health & Safety processes and procedures are followed
* Planning and scheduling resources to meet project goals
The Project Manager will also have the following responsibilities: -
* Ensure the safety of all the client's employees, it's clients and the general public
* Ensure that all Company Policies & Procedures are adhered to
* Uphold the Company's brand name & reputation and ensure it is not damaged
* Follow the procedures as laid out within the Integrated Management Systems of the company
* Maintain company confidentiality as required
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good budget management
* Ability to negotiate commercially
* Ability to work well with other teams within the company
* Ability to show good leadership
The following lists the client's corporate values. The Project management team shall be fully aware of these and ensure that where possible individual actions demonstrate adherence and promotion to the wider workforce: -
1 Assure the safety of each and every person affected by the client's work
2 Deliver work profitably to support growth and investment
3 Develop a 'Great Place to Work' offering a stimulating and rewarding environment
4 Nurture and manage our 'Employee Talent'
5 Celebrate individual and company success
6 Respect our colleagues
Electrical Project Manager - Reading