|Job Ref:||204589433||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stockport||Address:||Post Code:||SK1||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:01|
Who are we? |
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Limited is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work in the UK across the renewable and conventional energy sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
Our Company employs over 100 professionals and operates from Stockport, Greater Manchester. We are Investors in People Gold accredited and a ?Top 100 Small Business to work for? in the 2014 Best Companies index.
We are looking for:
We are seeking a senior engineer who has proven project management experience from within one or more combined cycle gas turbine technology (CCGT) construction projects ideally coupled with some experience gained with alternative power generation technologies.
You will consult directly with our clients, having regular contact with contractors, manufacturers and suppliers. You will be proactive, able to review evidence and concepts critically and challenge as necessary. You will be looking for a role that will test your skills and abilities from the outset.
• a good degree in an applicable engineering discipline;
• a project management qualification, such as PMP or Prince 2;
• working knowledge of planning consent and environmental permitting requirements in the UK;
• prior experience gained within an engineering consultancy, power machinery manufacturing or power station setting;
• experience gained with heavy duty and aero derivative gas turbine machines;
• significant project management experience with the full cycle of a CCGT or other gas turbine construction project.
• a sound understanding of the design, construction, operation and troubleshooting of combined cycle gas turbine power plants;
• be very familiar with thermal cycle design optimisation, lifecycle costs and performance testing;
• have good general mechanical engineering/O&M knowledge of HRSG's, auxiliary systems, steam raising plant and packaged plant items;
• previous experience in the production of technical reports and other documentation for clients;
• strong and concise communication skills, both verbal and written;
• effective time management skills;
• outgoing and professional personality;
• the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues;
• full driving licence; and
• the ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and overseas as required.
What we offer
a market leading package including a competitive base salary, a car allowance, contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, and a generous company bonus scheme. We also offer significant training and development opportunities.
To start a conversation, please apply below