|Job Ref:||204589163||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West End||Address:||Post Code:||NP26||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:23|
What: Senior WAS Administrator|
Dept/team: Middleware team
Where: London Victoria
Start date: ASAP
End date: 30/12/16
How much: £400 - £500 per day
Working hrs: 40 Hours a week, and outside of normal office hours as a part of an on call rota
On-call support: Yes
Weekend support: Yes
Key Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of ITIL
• WebSphere Application Server 6.1
• WebSphere Application Server 7.0, 8.0, 8.5
• IBM HTTP Server, Apache HTTP Server, use of redirects and reverse proxying
• Awareness of DNS and load balancer technologies
• Awareness of SSL and security considerations
• Linux (SLES v10 and 11 preferred)
• Awareness of performance and monitoring (Introscope, APM, AppDynamics preferred)
• Shell scripting
• wsadmin using jacl and jython
• Perl and Python scripting
• Distributed MQ and integration technology
• IBM DataPower (Service Gateway)
Key Personal Skills
• Team worker and good communicator, both written and spoken
• Discipline to pick up quickly and adhere to JLP practices and standards.
• Excellent problem solver and ability to try different strategies.
• Used to working in a Corporate environment
• Ability to follow instructions when asked to perform a task, but also use experience and initiative to suggest ways of providing a better solution
• Methodical and organised
• The successful applicant will be working in a busy open plan office and is likely to be asked work on several tasks at once. Given high level priorities, they must be able to manage their own workload.
• Excellent communication skills
Day to Day Tasks
• Provide application serving support (principally WAS) for middleware infrastructure used within John Lewis and Corporate divisions. Managing and responding to calls, logs and emails and monitoring system status. Strong skills in problem determination and resolution, ensuring stakeholders are kept informed.
• Provide out of hours support (callout) as part of the callout rota.
• Provide project operations support, setting up and configuring new environments and applications.
• Produce good documentation and effective communication of any changes.
• Fundamental understanding of change management, and the benefits provided
• Capable of operating as an effective deputy for the service tower Group Lead on an interim basis, during periods of annual leave or other absence. This is to include both technical & management responsibility covering incident management, change management and ensuring operational brilliance
• Please note that the starting location for this role will be London Victoria
• Some projects will require a large degree of weekend and evening work to support the infrastructure. These will be agreed in advance, but again the applicants must be prepared to work unsociable hours