|Job Ref:||204589047||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Walsall||Address:||Post Code:||WS3||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:08|
Assistant Estimator Groundworks |
Our Client is one of the largest and most successful Civil Engineering Contractors in the West Midlands, providing a Groundwork, Foundations, External Works and Road Construction service to the construction industry.
They are looking for an Assistant Estimator to who can assist with daily estimating duties working under the Estimating Manager.
* Initially review tenders received select whether to submit a quotation or decline
* Quantity take-offs on plan and spec projects
* BOQ Preparation on plan and spec projects
* Archive/Share Library knowledge and contact information
* Effective time management to ensure deadlines are met
* Accurate storage of documentation on the server in correct locations
* Checking of Order documentation for approval
* Obtain material and sub-contract quotations for use within tenders
* Submit quotations detailed inclusions/exclusions and standard T&Cs using standard documentation
* Attend client external pre-start meetings
* Produce Project Handover folders upon contract award
* Issue material schedule lists to Procurement
* Issue contract sum breakdown and rate breakdown to project surveyor
* Attend Internal Handover Meetings
* Attend 360 Review meetings
* Experienced, enthusiastic and motivated candidates with a strong and stable background in the Groundworks or Housing sector.
* Experience pricing packages up to £5M
* Candidates must have the ability to carry out high quality Estimating and commercial activities within demanding deadlines
* Client focus and a "can do" attitude are essential qualities.
Our client is an established specialist sub-contractor that has been trading for over 10 years. They deliver a Groundworks and Civil Engineering service to the built environment. The company turns over circa £70M pa at present and this will move to beyond £100M by 2019. The Client base is established with Persimmon Homes, Bovis, Redrow Homes, David Wilson Homes. Relationships with all of these businesses are excellent. Call (Apply online only) ask for Alex Burgess for more information or send your CV along with a covering letter
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)