|Job Ref:||204588573||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Old Basing||Address:||Post Code:||RG24||Salary:||£24000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:01|
Demob Job Reference: j2622|
Job Title: Product Support Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 Depending on experience
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of high quality access automation systems. Due to continued growth they now have a requirement for a Product Support Engineer to join their existing team in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Reporting to the Technical Manager, The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting customers on the telephone by providing technical support and advice on the company's products portfolio.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an established and reputable company. Although not essential, this may be suited to candidates coming from an Armed Forces background i.e. Royal Navy, British Army (Royal Engineer/REME), Royal Air Force and have a Technical understanding in either Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Answer phone and e-mail requests for technical assistance from customers and approved installers.
- Day to day instructions and priorities to be assigned by the Technical Manager.
- To answer technical help-line telephone satisfying customer requests for technical advice.
- Contribute towards the appraisal of new products and assist with testing procedures as required.
- Assist in the Pre Delivery Inspection and set up of equipment in the warehouse prior to delivery on site.
- Potentially attending site to assist with installation, commissioning and trouble shooting.
- Provide assistance to the sales and project management functions in the correct selection and set up of equipment to ensure it meets the project or customers specification.
- Maintain electronic library of information on the company's network including manuals, site records, etc.
- Offer the highest level of customer service at all times seeking the assistance of your manager when necessary.
- Support the Technical Manager at all times.
- Maintain a safe, neat and tidy workplace at all times ensuring the protection of staff and company assets.
- Comply with the company's Health & Safety Policy at all times reporting any concerns to your manager.
- Support the company in its maintenance of quality standards.
- Promote and protect the company's image and good reputation at all times.
- Fulfil any other duties and responsibilities, after consultation that may be determined from time to time.
- The successful candidate must have a Technical background in either Mechanical / Electrical engineering.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Fault finding and diagnosis experience.
- Effective planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Committed and flexible approach.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Highly organised.
- Problem solver.
- IT Literate
- £24,000 to £28,000 annual salary.
- Dayshift hours.
- Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm & Friday 8.30am - 4pm.
- 20 days annual holiday + bank holidays rising after 3 years.
- Opportunity to work for an established company