|Job Ref:||204588663||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£22000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:08|
We are seeking an individual who will own and manage all compliance aspects relating to the provision of temporary contractors to our clients. This is a busy and varied role ensuring best practices are adhered to and appropriate checks and procedures are followed for all placements made by the business, as well as providing regular MI.
The ideal candidate must be able to work under their own initiative and keep abreast of changing requirements. You will need to be tenacious in your approach but capable of building strong relationships, having the confidence to be strict but fair when required, whilst remaining professional at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Ensure all temporary contractors placed with clients have valid compliance documentation and references.
• Maintain matrix of documents required for each contractor role.
• Check that all limited company contractors operate to agreed standards and comply with HMRC requirements.
• Check copies of all compliance documents are logged against the temporary contractor's database record.
• Keep up to date with changes in legislation and brief other staff as appropriate.
• Manage all compliance related reporting to internal and external parties.
• Develop and utilise an IT system to track and monitor compliance.
• Produce regular MI to highlight compliance effectiveness for each recruitment consultant.
• Handle all health & safety accreditation applications and renewals.
• Prepare reports/returns in response to requests for compliance information, e.g. HMRC, clients, etc.
• Other ad-hoc projects, including provision of support to other members of the Finance team, as and when required.
Required skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience
• Previous experience in compliance related role would be an advantage although the role would be suitable for someone with a customer service or administrative background.
• Knowledge of UK Visas & Immigration and health & safety requirements is preferred although not essential.
• Tenacious with a no-nonsense attitude to enforcement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a confident professional telephone manner.
• Exceptional organisational and planning skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
• Innovative approach to problem solving, with an ability to adapt approach to resolve queries.
Overall, you must be an excellent communicator, possess a target-orientated attitude, and enjoy working in a hands-on role as part of a small but busy team.
Salary & Hours
• Salary is up to £25,000 p.a., dependent on experience.
• 22 days paid holiday per annum.
• Contracted working hours are 08.30 to 17.30, Monday to Friday.
To apply please submit your CV, together with 2 references (if available), plus details of your current or most recent salary and current notice period (if applicable).
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within 2 weeks please note that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion