|Job Ref:||204588406||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scunthorpe||Address:||Post Code:||DN16||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:37|
Adept Resourcing Engineering and Technical division is looking to speak with Estimators with experience within the Civil/Construction sector. |
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £25,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
A position has arisen for an experienced Estimator with Civils / Construction experience to join our clients professional and experienced team.
The purpose of this role is to; Manage and prepare on a daily basis, all Estimating operations of the division to ensure profitability and winning ratios are reached on selected and targeted works within established company guidelines and contractual 'service level agreements' and performance criteria.
The successful candidates' key responsibilities:-
* Acknowledge all correspondence within 48 hours. Ensure formal responses are achieved on all queries within agreed timescales and that enquiries and priced works are submitted before the deadline issued by the client. Return enquiries that are not to be priced to sender with approved format declination documentation attached within 48hrs
* Prepare and submit tenders as appropriate to company requirement especially targeted enquiries and establish communication with client to ensure works are won
* To ensure documented estimation filing systems (Electronic and hard) for each enquiry exists and is up to date in approved format
* Support contracts managers at client meetings, as appropriate, and ensure implementation of action points
* Attend business review meetings to ensure satisfactory management of targeted and selective works
* Ensure all possible communication lines are open so possible upcoming contract opportunities are identified with new and key clients
* To assist in the identification of business opportunities their development, tendering and delivery to profit
* As a member of the operational team assist the General / Operations Manager in managing and developing the business on a day to day and strategic level basis
* Establish and maintain good communication with all customers, suppliers and contract staff ensuring information is passed on a regular basis with an effective feedback loop, using various communication techniques
* Minute all relevant Divisional management meetings. Forward a copy of action points to attendees within two days of meeting. Ensure action points are completed within defined time scales
* Develop a strategy to ensure business operations adopt 'Best Practice' to minimize commercial risk and maximize returns through prudent management
* Ensure that all estimated enquiries comply with current legal, moral and statutory requirements. If there are any failings or shortfalls report for rectification immediately
* Provide reception telephone cover as outlined on the monthly rota, or as required within the team
* Maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of all relevant ICT (information & communications technology) and other systems required with the function (emails, spreadsheets etc...)
* Evaluate own strengths and limitations to be able to continue self-development within the role
The person we are looking for...
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes: -
* Minimum 1 year Construction / Civil Industry experience
* Strong - current Client / Supplier relations
* Demonstrated Estimation Competency
* Strong understanding of contract terms and conditions.
* Strong organisational skill and ability to prioritise
* Confidence, presentation skills & negotiation skills
* The ability to make decisions and work accurately under pressure
* Must be a self-starter and team player
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
Full training will also be provided for the right candidate however; it is also essential that candidates applying have; GCSE level grades in English and Math (preferably C+), Knowledge of Microsoft Office and, possess good IT knowledge.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role, please forward your CV asap or contact Sophie Duffield for more information.
Keywords: Estimator, Construction, Civil Industry, Supplier relations, customer Service, Budget Management, Project Management, Tendering, VRS, Minutes, Quotations, Spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, Best Practice, Health & Safety, Service level agreements, Estimating, Costing