|Job Ref:||204588364||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nottingham. Travel will be required inc Europe and the US||Address:||Salary:||£32000 - £39000/annum + superb benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:55|
Quality Assurance Engineer|
Do you have proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer and would thrive in a progressive work environment that promotes an atmosphere of innovation, teamwork and success? Then don't miss this superb opportunity to join Fundtech, one of the fastest-growing global companies in the software industry.
Founded in 1993, Fundtech is a leading provider of financial technology to banks and corporations of all sizes in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. It is owned by DH Corporation (D+H), a leading provider of payments, lending and enterprise solutions to banks worldwide. D+H It is a publically traded company, headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with more than $1 billion in annual revenues. Thousands of financial institutions and companies around the world rely on Fundtech to improve operational efficiency, increase revenues, and to provide greater competitiveness through business-to-business services. The Financial Messaging Business Unit (FMBU) is one of Fundtech's 4 key product divisions and operates service bureau for financial messaging and payment systems in the US, UK and mainland Europe.
Reporting to the QA Manager, as a QA Engineer you will take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with the creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts. In addition, you will assure the quality of existing software and create assured quality for new developments to meet the needs of customers. Your main responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to;
* Working within a team of software testers, developers and managers focused on supporting customers
* Developing a workable and scalable QA strategy and other required process control procedures to ensure processes, work in progress and finished products meet the specified quality
* Taking ownership of parts of the quality control procedures and automated processes, as well as the identification of issues, risks and dependencies pertaining to testing and ensuring their escalation
* Working with an Agile test approach for the internally developed products
* Assisting in maintaining test environments
* Ensuring documentation of QA test results are made available to internal staff and customers
To be considered for this Quality Assurance Engineer role you MUST have the following experience, qualifications, knowledge and attributes;
* Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
* A degree within Computer Science or Engineering
* Significant experience and understanding of manual, automated and performance testing
* Detailed working experience of Test Management, Workflow Management and Defect Management Tools, with a solid understanding of software lifecycle and the role of bug / change tracking systems (such as JIRA)
* Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
* Experience in a true Agile delivery environment
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to work in a team
* Ability to interpret technical information
* Results-focused with drive and initiative
* High level of attention to detail
The following experience would be advantageous but not essential;
* Experience working in the financial services industry, with direct experience of payments, SWIFT or similar business processes
* Experience working internationally
You will be part of an innovative environment in a business unit that is small enough to allow you to be able to make your mark but also large enough to have the financial security of a global business. The business is growing and the role offers a great opportunity to be part of that growth.
Salary: £32,000 to £39,000 per annum
Other Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private healthcare and pension scheme with 5% employer contribution after qualifying period
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility may be required to meet the needs of the business
Location: Nottingham. Regular travel will be required to the other locations. Some international travel is also required, including Europe and the US.
Closing date for applications: 03/10/2016
This Quality Assurance Engineer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Fundtech. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker, and by applying for this role you give express consent for us to directly submit your application to our above named client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Fundtech, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
Fundtech requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
**QA, Engineer, Quality Assurance, Engineer, IT, Technology, Financial Technology, Software, Computer Science, Engineering, JIRA, Nottingham