|Job Ref:||204588268||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Frimley||Address:||Post Code:||GU16||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:02|
As Fire & Security Systems Estimator based in Frimley the key purpose of your role is the production of detailed and accurate electrical estimates for new Fire and Security projects throughout the UK. There will be a broad variety of projects, across most sectors such as commercial, industrial, retail and utilities.|
The role requires you to have an objective and proactive approach to estimating, be 'customer facing' and capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders.
You will be responsible for procuring Electrical quotations for the Solution business. You will need to work closely with the Fire and Security design teams to ensure quotations are completed in a timely manner in line with the tender return dates.
What are my responsibilities?
• Use drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
• Taking off quantities of drawings/specifications/bills of quantities
• Interpret contract/tender requirements relating to costs for prelims, attendances, statuary requirements, site specific rules and scope
• Produce complete electrical estimates up to £15m using 'Estimation' Software
• Ensure all bids submitted are correctly costed
• Produce tender packages for subcontractors and review returned documents for inclusion in main bid
• Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into an estimating system
• Produce Schedule of Rates for each successful tender
• Liaising with the Bid Manager and Sales Team to review tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances/contract/terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk
• Ensure all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures;
• As required represent the Company in negotiations and meetings;
• Attend internal project handover meetings and the bid team in developing the commercial strategy for the project
• Maintain and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders
What do I need to qualify for the role?
• ONC/HNC Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar role
• Electrical estimating/bid presentation experience in the M&E sector
• Proven track record of successfully winning electrical projects in line with business guidelines
• Good understanding of technical issues is preferable
• Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment
• Ability to read and clearly understand drawings and specifications
• Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
• Wide supplier and sub-contractor knowledge
• Computer literate with experience of 'Estimation' software
• Confident and articulate with an attention to detail
• Highly professional, highly organised with a high level of integrity
• Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people