|Job Ref:||204588140||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Ashford||Address:||Post Code:||TW15||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Pension, BUPA, Death in Service||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:46|
Software Developer - Web Applications MVC4, C# & .NET|
Rural Ashford - You must have your own transport due to location
£40,000 - £50,000 DOE +Pension, BUPA, Death in Service
The candidate will be responsible for application software development as a member of a small team, incorporating some aspects of design, isolated testing and - as necessary - issue resolution in relation to the clients range of payment processing solutions specifically focused on the environment of a range of secure web applications. The ideal candidate will leverage in depth secure software development principles alongside sufficient documentation, assessment and organisational skills in keeping with the clients requirements.
Given the specialist area in which they work, the client recognise the value in home grown talent. Many of the existing team have worked together for up to 15 years and had no previous experience in the industry. On this occasion, the client wish to offer a similar opportunity to new candidates and as such are looking for developers whom may or may not have extensive commercial development experience willing to work hard in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a view to beginning a long-term career with them. For the developer with the right core skills and attitude, this position should be considered the opportunity to do something great. Specialist training will be provided on the job in relation to our particular products, services and the wider industry.
• Work with the existing web application development team to assist in the design and development of secure browser based software applications, incorporating a wide range of functionality from business intelligence systems to CRM, reporting, stock control, contract management and more
• Develop support for 3rd party services working from specification documents, often as a project of your own, integrating them into their overall solution
• Anticipate issues and proactively act to address them
• Exhibit ownership, follow through, initiative, awareness and effective communication with peers and management and ability to speak to details of the project to both the business and technical teams
• Utilise IT and other organisational resources appropriately
• At all times strive to improve the product, find ways to make efficiencies, ensure functions perform their tasks as quickly and reliably as possible and, together with all other members of the various teams involved in Product Development, do everything with a view to the betterment of the clients products and services to play your part in making them the best solution provider on the market.
• Excellent knowledge of MVC4, C# & .NET with educational or commercial development experience
• Knowledge or experience in any additional software development disciplines including JQuery, WCF Web Services, Unity & Kendo UI/Telerik Controls
• Practical application of Identity Server
• Knowledge of Azure-based applications
• Knowledge of integrating with databases, preferably with MS SQL
• Complex Web Application Development experience
• Understanding and experience of Agile Software Development Practices
• Working knowledge of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
• Ability to adhere to coding standards and produce appropriate documentation and code commentary
37.5 hours per week to cover the hours of 09.00 - 17.30 Monday to Friday - and flexibility relating to hours and days worked will be needed in order to meet the needs of the business at any time.
Primary Location: Rural Ashford, Kent.
From time to time it may also be necessary to work from other UK or International locations for short periods