|Job Ref:||204588046||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:06|
Quantity Surveyor Groundworks|
Our client is one of the leading civil engineering companies in the UK. The Company specialises in the construction of roads, sewers, and civil engineering works. Their reputation is built on over 25 years in the construction industry, working to the highest standards of safety, sustainability, quality, reliability and expertise.
The company are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team that has proven experience of groundworks projects. You will be responsible for managing various projects from tender stage through to final account ensuring the smooth financial management of projects under your control.
* Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
* Performing risk, value management and cost control
* Advising on procurement strategy
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
* Preparing and analysing costing's for tenders
* Allocating work to subcontractors
* Providing advice on contractual claims
* Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
* Valuing completed work and arranging payments
* Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
* Degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred but not essential
* 5 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor
* Experience in this role while working for a groundworks sub contractor
* Knowledge of residential contracting
* Good technical and contractual knowledge
* Computer literate
* Good ambassador, client facing skills
* Highly motivated and keen to progress within the company
We are looking for experienced candidates who can demonstrate significant successes and a record of achievement in the commercial management of groundwork projects together combined with management skills and the ability to deliver a project within the commitment of the contract.
We are targeting candidates looking to earn anywhere from £40,000 to £60,000 plus a car allowance, company pension and discretionary bonus. Salary will be agreed based on experience. Call us now for an interview on (Apply online only) ask for John Ashcroft or send your CV along with a covering letter
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)